Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to Top Speed the 2016 Dodge Viper will come with added horsepower and a pretty significant price drop. This year's iteration of the Viper will have a small 5hp boost pushing 645hp and 600lb-ft with a $15,000 price cut. This brings the new Viper in at a base price of $84,000 which about $5,000 more than the new Corvette Z06 with 650hp and 650lb-ft. In addition to this news, there are rumors of a supercharged version of the viper in the works with an expected power output of around 800hp. With Viper sales lagging for some time it will be interesting to see if the price drop for the base model and the addition of a supercharged model can make the car more enticing to perspective buyers. With all the success that the C7 has been having, it may not be an easy task.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
last gen viper had much more aggressive look to it. I'm not feeling the new viper at all, but if in a few years the price is right i might consider it for say $40 000

·
Registered
610 Posts
To further expand on this, current owners of Gen 5 Vipers (2013+) are reportedly going to receive a $15,000 dollar discount voucher toward the purchase of a new 2016 model Viper. This is in addition to the $15,000 price cut for the new model year.

Good time to be considering a Gen 5. I wasn't before, but I am now. This almost ensures that 2013 prices will drop from the $85k or so they're currently hanging around, likely into the mid $70s. I like the Gen 5 enough now that the interior has entered the 21st century to entertain the thought of one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts