Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
love the new viper... thats a great price.... its too bad they arent selling quicker.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm a fan of the new viper and echoing what @the roadwarrior said I also feel that the car should be selling a lot more units. It has the aggressive look and big engine to match the name. I don't think that SRT has much choice than give discounts and dealer incentives to lower the price especially with the Covrette C7 Z06 on the horizon. With 650hp, 650 LB-FT of torque and a higher price point than the base model, it will be a direct competitor to the SRT Viper.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Problem is the dealerships.. The car is being sold at dodge dealers and they usually don't let anyone even sit in the cars. Along with extremely poor service for a 100k+ car. It's no suprise they don't sell. I cancelled mine and will never be buying another chrysler product.

·
Registered
739 Posts
^+1. That is a pretty good deal on a new viper, though. But I feel the C7 will cause it to be had for a great price in a year or two.

·
Registered
248 Posts
No way. Manual gearbox in a viper is like peanut butter and jelly. They just go together
While I totally agree with you, the manual only option does limit the number of potential buyers. It's a fact that all major sports car manufactures have realized and even embraced. Three pedal setups have been phased out at Lamborghini and Ferrari, you can't buy a 911 GT3 with a stick anymore, and there are no SLS AMG's that let you row your own gears. If they want a larger customer base they have to get a automated tranny.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Hate to say it but I think the new Z06 means trouble for these..
very true... but even if the Z06 performs better, it still isnt quite as "exotic" feeling as the viper... the viper is more exclusive because it doesnt have a lower end model on which it is based.

as for the flappy paddle, yes its definitely missing out on some customers because of that.... damn shame though.... because the big displacement brutality and driver engagement of the viper along with a manual gearbox is part of what makes it so cool.

·
Registered
65 Posts
very true... but even if the Z06 performs better, it still isnt quite as "exotic" feeling as the viper... the viper is more exclusive because it doesnt have a lower end model on which it is based.

as for the flappy paddle, yes its definitely missing out on some customers because of that.... damn shame though.... because the big displacement brutality and driver engagement of the viper along with a manual gearbox is part of what makes it so cool.

While there still seems to be a market for a manual the Viper definitely needs a paddle shifting option. Although they are not direct competitors I look at the Viper in comparison to the Corvette C7. In a recent article it says that 40% of C7 buyers opted for a manual which is a pretty large amount however this also means the majority of their customers are moving with technology and getting the paddle shifting automatic. So if you put that in terms of the Viper then the 91 of the Vipers sold between January 2014 - February 2014 could have been 137 cars had they had a manual option. This would bump sales enough but still keep the exclusivity factor that makes the Viper an exotic.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts

I guess at that moment I was just thinking about performance figures.
You're right but the reason being what it is, a monstrous 8.4liter v10, semi-old school hot rod. That's why I loved it the first day I saw it back in '94; it has the character the 'Vettes never had. I, too believe that Dodge won't have a problem selling them; they're a low volume/niche market anyway.

Reactions: TheRoadWarrior

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
The ACR has yet to come out.. remember last time it destroyed the ZR1's ring time,.. It's gonna do the same with the new z06
yeah i think dodge should wait until the Z06 sets its time and figures, then beat it again with the ACR.... would get better press that way and hopefully boost sales figures

1 - 16 of 16 Posts