Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
In the factory videos thread we noted that at 1:11 there appeared to be a door finished in bare carbon or some grey/black color with white striping on the bottom. This could very well be the door for this Special Edition we have here. If I am correct, it is very nice and exciting to know that its surely on its way! I can't wait.

·
Registered
628 Posts
The Koenigsegg website will surely announce this one, once it is completed... Everyone close to Koenigsegg, as well as my own resources seem to claim there are big things in store throughout the coming months... (fingers crossed)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Well we know of this special edition, and the #100 car which is supposed to have a new engine, so if there is more in store than that Koenigsegg really is expanding this year, getting more press and orders too!

·
BORN 2 WIN™
1,962 Posts
This car is just rumor, not a fact.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I am looking forward to see it but is a spoiler like that necessary? A company like Koenigsegg should be able to come up with a better looking solution than that.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Also, is it me, or do those renderings indicate some sort of "active aero" on that rear wing? The tips seem to be different than the conventional Agera R spoiler...Well, let's hope that we can get to see this realized afterall..

·
Registered
69 Posts
In case you were wondering, the checkered pattern on the hood and splitter is probably what is known as tape woven carbon fiber. It's a fairly new technology that can be both lighter and stronger than traditional carbon fiber. Some F1 teams even use it today. It will be interesting to see if/how they implement it on future cars and what kind of weight savings they can achieve.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
It most look a little bit weird from the side eith that weird back spoiler?! And the front spoiler looks to ruin alot of downforce with the central placed air intake? Must be diabolicly fast though!

·
Registered
628 Posts
And the front spoiler looks to ruin alot of downforce with the central placed air intake?
Not necessarily, depends how they counter it with all-the other flaps/wings and so on to assist downforce. Besides, Koenigsegg is quite good at maximizing downforce on their cars as far as I know.

·
5,744 Posts
I'm not surprised FFF is involved if this comes to fruition. I'm also surprised its not one of the brothers car, they make it a habit of owning the best.

-Markus-

·
Registered
17 Posts
carsuk.net- first official details

Koenigsegg One:1 – First official details
November 24, 2012 By Cars UK

We have the first official details on the new Koenigsegg One:1, the most extreme Koenigsegg produced to date, a series of 5 cars for China.

Photo of Koenigsegg One:1

The Interwebs have been full of speculation about a new Koenigsegg in the last few days – the Koenigsegg One:1 – which has surfaced after a brochure scan for the One:1 was leaked online (above).

The general consensus has been that the One:1 is a new customisation programme for Koenigsegg, allowing buyers to customise their cars in an even more extreme way. But it’s not.

We know it’s not because we did the only sensible thing you can do when rumours are rife – go to the horse’s mouth. So we spoke to Christian von Koenigsegg.

Christian is busy flitting between Bangkok, Hong Kong and Dubai on a selling mission. Which gives you the first clue about the Koenigsegg One:1 – it’s a limited run of cars aimed at China.

In fact, the Koenigsegg One:1 is a run of just five cars and the One:1 refers to its power – 1 hp for every 1 kg of weight. Which, if we base the weight of the One:1 as being slightly heavier than the Agera R, will see power somewhere between 1250hp and 1350hp, a big jump on the Agera R’s 1140hp.

That should be enough power to give the One:1 performance that eclipses Bugatti’s Veyron Super Sport’s 0-62mph of 2.5 seconds and turn the One:1 in to the world’s fastest production car. And what will it cost? $2 million. When will it arrive? Christian says the project is still at the early stages and a production date is not yet set.

That’s all we managed to prise out of Christian as he hops round the other side of the world, but hopefully he’ll get back to us when he’s back in Sweden next week with more. We’ll update then.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts