Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone

i am planning to relocate to germany to learn the language in a few months , but i am not sure which city i should move to , i am looking for a city with good student life/ nightlife for a single canadian , i am 25 and i want to move to a vibrant city were i can socialize/enjoy life while learning the language . please take in consideration that money would not be an issue in my case as i kind off have a good budget . i was thinking about berlin ,Hamburg or munich maybe frankfurt ( would take other cities in consideration too ) ,but frankfurt seems to me like a place where it would be dead after 5pm work is done around that time.

please i need your help

thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
Stuttgart gets my vote. Lived there for 4 years and loved it. Great little castle town called Esslingen on the outskirts has some amazing wineries too.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I spent 3 months in Dusseldorf at a language school about 10 years ago. At the time my sister was working there I was pretty big into skateboarding and made friends that way. I hung out a lot in the Altstadt which was more laid back and not as pretentious as other parts of the city. I have been back to germany quite a bit since then and my financial situation has changed quite a bit, I would say either Hamburg, Berlin or Munich

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanksfor the reply guys , i am still figuring out which is the best city for me to move and learn german , am not sure though most probably it will be one of (Hamburg, Berlin or Munich) not sure though ,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey my advise is Hamburg, I am a German and from my point of view its the most beautiful city in Germany. Student life is awesome and if you know the right places you will definetly enjoy the time here. If you need any more information about Hamburg or any other city of your choice just send me a PM.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Berlin!
Munich
Stuttgart

Choose your destiny.

Look up the citys on youtube man.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Not from there, but I went to Rostock, Germany for work and flew in and out of Berlin, and had a night to tour a little. Great city, had lots of fun, and seemed to be a pretty large crowd of people around your age group. Seems like a very lively and fun city, I think you'd like it based on what you are looking for.

In fact, I have to go back this October, and am hoping to get a little time to enjoy there, although I may fly in and out of Hamburg instead of Berlin this time, not sure yet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wondering if you already have a decision...

Can't make something wrong with one of the cities. For learning the language I'd prefer Munich or Berlin. If you like living on the water, choose Hamburg. If you like to go skiing in Wintertimes, choose Munich. From there you can easily do daytrips in the alps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts