Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for my Panerai 112 to either return to me, or finally make it to Fort Worth, TX for service.:lol:

I shipped it out on the 7th, but UPS can't seem to find it. And no, the after-sales service center has not received it yet.:bitenails:

Thanks in advance,

-Wes:(

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please tell me you used ParcelPro and not insurance thru UPS...
:eek:hwell:

I didn't, because I was told I would be covered. My girlfriend was with me, and witnessed the entire conversation.

I keep hearing UPS only covers $100 or $500 worth of "jewelry". A watch is a tool, technically. :laugh:

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
I wouldn't ship a broken Sekio with UPS around here those fvckers have some sticky fingers. I ship Fedex, full retail value. Good Luck man I hope they find your watch or at least compensate you for it.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wouldn't ship a broken Sekio with UPS around here those fvckers have some sticky fingers. I ship Fedex, full retail value. Good Luck man I hope they find your watch or at least compensate you for it.
Thanks, I hope so, too. I know the owners/workers of the shipping place really well. They insisted it would be covered. If it is not, and they won't take the responsibility, I will have no choice but to go to court for years, and years, and years.

Why are people so shitty? It boggles my mind.:lol:

·
7,022 Posts
Will be interested to know how it turns out, Wes. I've only heard bad things about insuring jewelry thru Fedex/UPS, but I've never tested the waters. Hopefully they don't have similar policies as Northworst.

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
I will pray for the best. Sorry to hear that buddy.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Do they know where along the chain it was lost? Did it make it to the local station? What does your tracking number say?

That really sucks dude....

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Will be interested to know how it turns out, Wes. I've only heard bad things about insuring jewelry thru Fedex/UPS, but I've never tested the waters. Hopefully they don't have similar policies as Northworst.
Yeah, hopefully not. I paid for $5100 worth of insurance. If they couldn't insure the watch, they should have told me. They, being Post Net.

I will pray for the best. Sorry to hear that buddy.
Thanks, Raw. I appreciate, man.

hope everything gets sorted
Thanks!

Do they know where along the chain it was lost? Did it make it to the local station? What does your tracking number say?

That really sucks dude....
Bo, they think it was "lost" somewhere in NY. I accidentally sent it to their old address in NY. However, I paid $40 more to reroute the item to Fort Worth, TX. Instead of sending it to the forwarded address, they kept trying to deliver it to the wrong address. Post Net and I both have been on their ass about delivering it to Texas. The last I heard, UPS was looking for it. After looking at the tracking information, I was shocked. It had been up and down the east coast a handful of times, but never once to Texas.

If you see "J2025/2500" for sale anywhere online, let me know. I hate to have to think like that, but you can't trust anyone these days.;)

·
7,022 Posts
This just makes me sick to my stomach. Makes me less and less comfortable mailing and receiving pieces. I've had no problem before now, but with this and Riley's recent episode; I'm getting nauseated.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This just makes me sick to my stomach. Makes me less and less comfortable mailing and receiving pieces. I've had no problem before now, but with this and Riley's recent episode; I'm getting nauseated.
Me too. It's really unnerving for us that don't have any local ADs.:eek:hwell:

dude seriously, we conversed about this. been traveling for far to long. hate to think of the worse.
Yeah, might report stolen. I'm tired of this shit.:lol:

·
Registered
362 Posts
Wow, I really hope it turns out OK for you. It seems if you pay for insurance, you should get a payout on the item. That said, I've shipped expensive work equipment around quite a bit and had a few items get lost that turned out to be found later. So I wouldn't give up hope. I even had a buddy get a payout on lost luggage on United and his bags turned up at his office nearly 2 years later :)

This will definitely make me nervous about sending watches in for service.

EDIT. This is scary from FedEx's website:
"It’s important to understand the coverage that FedEx makes available to you, so you can supplement it when necessary.

When it comes to jewelry shipments, the maximum declared value is limited to $1,000. If you need to ship jewelry for a special occasion or for a repair, please contact your insurance provider to make sure your jewelry is covered. Declared value is not insurance, and FedEx does not sell insurance."

Jeweler's Mutual recommends shipping via USPS registered.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow, I really hope it turns out OK for you. It seems if you pay for insurance, you should get a payout on the item. That said, I've shipped expensive work equipment around quite a bit and had a few items get lost that turned out to be found later. So I wouldn't give up hope. I even had a buddy get a payout on lost luggage on United and his bags turned up at his office nearly 2 years later :)

This will definitely make me nervous about sending watches in for service.

EDIT. This is scary from FedEx's website:
"It’s important to understand the coverage that FedEx makes available to you, so you can supplement it when necessary.

When it comes to jewelry shipments, the maximum declared value is limited to $1,000. If you need to ship jewelry for a special occasion or for a repair, please contact your insurance provider to make sure your jewelry is covered. Declared value is not insurance, and FedEx does not sell insurance."

Jeweler's Mutual recommends shipping via USPS registered.
I had my luggage lost once, as well. 8 months later, I was refunded...partially.

I attempted to ship the watch via USPS. However, Post Net, insisted I ship UPS, and assured me that it would be covered. My g/f was there to witness the conversation. If they don't hold up to their word, then I will pursue the situation legally.

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions. I appreciate it.:)

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
UPS found it, and the watch is on it's way back to me.

$114.53 down the drain, and a month wasted. I just hope they honor my warranty since it has expired, and hasn't gotten to the service center yet.
:(

1 - 20 of 31 Posts