Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Silver Sponsor
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help, my lenses and sensor are super nasty and have specks all over the place. I know Ritz camera will do it for $100 but I really don't want to have to pay that much, any recommendations?

I have a D300 with a Nikkor 18-200VR, 10.2 Nikkor Fisheye and 50mm Nikkor + a SB600... not sure if I need to clean a flash or not.

-Spencer
@Symbolic

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
All the reviews I read online about Ritz weren't all that good. When I was searching a couple years ago, I found a little "mom and pop" photography shop in my area just by searching Google, and then reading some reviews. I actually ended up finding a flickr discussion thread where someone was searching in the Baltimore area and the shop happened to be about 15 minutes from me.

·
Silver Sponsor
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All the reviews I read online about Ritz weren't all that good. When I was searching a couple years ago, I found a little "mom and pop" photography shop in my area just by searching Google, and then reading some reviews. I actually ended up finding a flickr discussion thread where someone was searching in the Baltimore area and the shop happened to be about 15 minutes from me.
Well thanks Chris, I appreciate it a lot! I'll take a look around my area and try to find something. Thanks!

-Spencer
@Symbolic Motors

·
Registered
57 Posts
if the specks are just dust and no smearing try a rocket blower from Giotto. its a cheap initial clean. if you need more then by all means find a shop but get local references.

·
Silver Sponsor
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sam's camera in oc is your best bet. they do great work
I live over in La Jolla, OC is about 1-1:30 away. But thanks for the help everyone I really appreciate it!

-Spencer
@Symbolic Motors

·
Registered
419 Posts
i never clean my own gear mainly bc i'm to lazy. local shops stay away from big chains unless you know someone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts