Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My family is considering two different SUVs at the moment: ML 350 and an X5. We have driven them both and they both seem realistically about the same. The BMW had a much more plush interior, but the ML seemed to be a little more hardy to last through some wear and tear. This is going to be my mom's dd. We also looked at the Cayenne, though i do not know if it is on the list anymore.

Any opinions would be awesome!

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
I just went through the same process with the same 2 cars as final contestants. Loved the X5. I have had 3 ML's in the family but BMW is just better made in my opinion. I would def look at the 4.8 though. Big body needs the power.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha yeah. What i was thinking is that one sees so many more MLs than X5s. Other than the extra power, any other options that are a must have on this car? Ive looked through the lists for both pretty thoroughly.

·
Premium Member
3,708 Posts
x-5 all the way

Better build quality and RAW is right on with the power to weight ratio

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha k..i think my family is leaning towards the X5...i did like the build quality in the X5 better but the Benz has a nice presence.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think we might actually be leaning toward a Cayenne at the moment. DOes anybody have any advice on this?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My dads wife uses a cayenne as a dd....she says its best car shes ever owned. Personally Ive driven and liked it better than the 350. As for the x5 its a toss up
That is what i have heard from others. I personally like the Cayenne as well.

X5 all the way buddy, a cayenne is nice when you get the turbo version. Otherwise the X5 is perfect for your momma
While test driving both, my mom preferred the drive of the Porsche, but liked the interior of the X5. It really is a toss up haha.

Any thoughts on the reliability of any of the 3 cars?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha yes...thats why im not too big a fan of the ML. But also the X5 might be replaced very soon too. The Cayenne has just been redone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts