Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of massive spaces in my home I am looking to fill.
Int the entryway of my home you walk in and about 12 feet from the front door is a faux finished wall (back of the built in fireplace) about 10 feet wide and 17 feet tall. on both sides of this wall are pass through areas to the living room. on the living room side of this wall is a large gas fireplace with ledgestone from floor to ceiling. the mantle is knotty alder and about seven feet off the floor.
The home is kind of a cross between a tahoe style home and a Tuscan feel or flair. hard to explain but it feels great. open vaulted ceiling with tongue and groove wood peaking at about 17 feet in the center.
I know this is a pretty vague question, but looking for decorating ideas of what to put on these walls. I prefer 3d items as opposed to 2 dimensional artwork . even some recommendations of somewhere to look online would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Post pictures of the room if you want suggestions

·
Registered
869 Posts
I have a blank piece of paper. Its about 8.5"x11"...What would look best drawn on it?

·
Registered
160 Posts
My sister is an interior designer, so I have picked up a thing or two. With a Tuscan look, you can be real ahead of the curb and go for an open floor plan, and instead opt for large pieces on the outskirts of the rooms as well in central areas. Chimineas look beautiful in these homes, invest in a good one. Try to find so non finished rustic wood pieces. They really present a very warm homey environment, and will stick in the minds of your guests. If you need any assistance feel free to PM me.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Have you thought of ledger stone, or some other type of transitional stone work?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Burberry is right, post pictures only then we can give you some decorating ideas. It is really hard to give decorating ideas without knowing your budget and room size.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts