Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I recently purchased a New Dealer exec 2014 Porsche Cayanne S from a dealer in chicago. I will not name them
yet, because they are trying to work something out with me.
Basically about a week later I found out that the car had driver and passenger door replaced and repainted and a quarter panel
repainted.
The total bill was about 5k, which I have in my possession.
Dealer is offering to CPO car plus give me in writing that it won't show up on car fax.
I think they should offer me cash for potential diminished value, because if a future buyer runs the vin
at a porsche dealer it will show up.
Dealer also says car was never wrecked, and he did not know about this.
I do believe that part?
What should I do?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Take what they are offering you before it's too late. If they refuse, are you going to file a lawsuit for something like this? CPO warranty is a great bonus plus if it doesn't show up on Carfax then what's the harm? If you're unhappy tell them to take it back and give you a difference unit I guess.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take what they are offering you before it's too late. If they refuse, are you going to file a lawsuit for something like this? CPO warranty is a great bonus plus if it doesn't show up on Carfax then what's the harm? If you're unhappy tell them to take it back and give you a difference unit I guess.
I may not file lawsuit, but they are offering to buy back for what I paid plus sales tax. But I will be with out my funds or a car for 2-4 weeks.
I feel as a major dealer they should back the car, and a P-Car exec drove the car, Porsche NA hid the body work on the car by not telling anyone.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
If you weren't made aware of the damage prior to purchasing, that's extremely poor business and a dealership that should be reported to corporate. With that leverage at hand, you can let go of the vehicle and have plenty of room to negotiate what you want. I would never consider doing business, let along high-dollar transactions, with an entity that was willing to be dishonest on various levels, as that dealership has.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you weren't made aware of the damage prior to purchasing, that's extremely poor business and a dealership that should be reported to corporate. With that leverage at hand, you can let go of the vehicle and have plenty of room to negotiate what you want. I would never consider doing business, let along high-dollar transactions, with an entity that was willing to be dishonest on various levels, as that dealership has.
That's what I am thinking. But they are not offering much besides a buy back, plus my sales tax. I was wanting a CPO, car fax guarantee of 5k and 1 free service. I will post the dealer name if they don't give me good faith deal. They are threatening to let it go to legal.
Should I contact Porsche NA?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Take the buy-back and report the dealership. Is the guarantee plus add-on's worth having to work with a dealership that's dishonest and willing to take legal action against a paying customer? I doubt it. Take your business elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the good thing is I won't need to service my car there.
I bought it from a dealer 3 hours away. I am negotiating the buy back.
They want me to wait 3-4 weeks for the funds, which I find unacceptable.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Well the good thing is I won't need to service my car there.
I bought it from a dealer 3 hours away. I am negotiating the buy back.
They want me to wait 3-4 weeks for the funds, which I find unacceptable.
Sometimes it's better to sacrifice a bit. Get a VERY NICE loaner car from them until you get the funds back.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sometimes it's better to sacrifice a bit. Get a VERY NICE loaner car from them until you get the funds back.
Well they have agreed to buy it back for what I paid, plus my sales tax I paid. Fair enough for me, since I do believe they did not know
about this when they sold the car to me. This work was done on the car at a different dealer when a Porsche Exec had the car.
They almost CPO'd it for me, but I did not want to pay the extra 3k since I don't keep my cars that long.
I am sure they would give me the loaner but then I would have to drive 3hrs back to return it.
They have also agreed to overnight the funds to me.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Well they have agreed to buy it back for what I paid, plus my sales tax I paid. Fair enough for me, since I do believe they did not know
about this when they sold the car to me. This work was done on the car at a different dealer when a Porsche Exec had the car.
They almost CPO'd it for me, but I did not want to pay the extra 3k since I don't keep my cars that long.
I am sure they would give me the loaner but then I would have to drive 3hrs back to return it.
They have also agreed to overnight the funds to me.
Say that you'll return it to another Porsche dealership, and P of NA can deal with it.
The guy tasked with driving it back will thank you lol

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Say that you'll return it to another Porsche dealership, and P of NA can deal with it.
The guy tasked with driving it back will thank you lol
I should do that, but I don't want to waste any more time on this.
I just want my money back so I can get another car!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts