Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well first off, I would like to let everyone know I'm new to Luxury4play and wanted to just say hello.

But for my first car (Just turned 16) I purchased a 2004 Mustang GT 40th anniversary edition with the premium package installed on. I was just wondering what kind of modifications I should make to it. The only thing I have done to it is I bought a shortened 14 inch rubber antenna. I don't have much money but I am most likely going to get a job soon so I wanted some peoples opinion on what kind of upgrades I should buy.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
None- no mods till you have a job and your own source of income. Not being an ass, we were all in the same boat you are in now, but this is sound advice. Work hard, save some money, then when you have money in the bank then do some simple mods- CAI, Exhaust, computer tune. You are 16 a GT Mustang is more than fast enough for you to justify any other mods unless you are talking about cosmetic or audio.
Nik

Other than that welcome to the 4 stick around you can learn a lot.

Pic wasn't up when I replied- great looking mustang for a 04!

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
None- no mods till you have a job and your own source of income. Not being an ass, we were all in the same boat you are in now, but this is sound advice. Work hard, save some money, then when you have money in the bank then do some simple mods- CAI, Exhaust, computer tune. You are 16 a GT Mustang is more than fast enough for you to justify any other mods unless you are talking about cosmetic or audio.
Nik

:clap:

welcome to the 4!

i concur with the statement above, even the most basic mods will run you a good amount of money, so get on a job ASAP!

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Good Advice ^^ in hind sight, I should have put away the money I blew on my cars when I was young. Build yourself a nice foundation. Work hard now, Play later. :)

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
get a job first and learn how to drive it, not trying to be mean but you have very little exp. once you get your skills and a income then start to play. I would go intake, X pipes/exhaust, pulley, and gears. Thoes are your cheaper ones then cams, tune some ET streets if your serious. If its a stick then get ya a lil shorty thats cheap. NO EURO TAIL LIGHTS lol, some bump and some wheels.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm only 18 and I agree with the first post to your reply. Get a job and save up. Do everything correctly! Don't use short cuts too with any mods! Get a Job, save up and have fun with it! You will be more than happy!

PS: Take off those fugly headlights....

·
Registered
133 Posts
Blow all the money in your bank account and supercharge that bitch

·
Registered
291 Posts
Welcome! Congratulation on your nice new ride! Black is the best color for a Stang! On a serious note... so, you're only 16 and you got a nice GT. You shouldn't spend any money on mods for it right now, but maybe in a few years if you decide to keep it for a long time. You should save your money, and spend some money on dates and gasolines for cruising (you're going to spend a few more money on gasoline than on dates). Just have fun with your new car, but try not to race anyone.
:driving:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Sink all of the money into a high performance driving school. No offense, but you're 16 and have no clue how to handle a powerful RWD car. They'll teach you everything you need to know to save your ass and protect that nice ride of yours! Congrats on the purchase, BTW!

·
Registered
272 Posts
I agree with everyone else! Don't mod until you have plenty of funds! But I'll tell you from experience get a pair of magnaflow mufflers and have a shop weld them in! Chicks dig a throaty GT! Oh and ditch those headlights! sorry bro those are hideous! Here is my GT. I know its not much to look at but it shows ya a couple little things you can do down the road.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Listen to the wealth of free advice being provided. If I may add, you're 16 with a nice ride…focus on those cute high school honeys.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Heres a couple pics of my old 02 GT, this what NOT to do. In the end it only went low 11's in the quarter and I traded for about 20 cents for every dollar invested.

Save your money, put stock headlights back in and if you have to do something, get a better shifter and maybe a magnaflow or borla catback.

As far as performance learn from my mistake all the bolt-on stuff does very little to these cars, to make power you to work the heads and change the cams and that leads to tons of other problems and you just keep spending money, and the car becomes very unreliable.

If you have questions about just ask, I had that car apart and back together more than I drove it

Attachments

·
Registered
355 Posts
Nik

Pic wasn't up when I replied- great looking mustang for a 04!
I agree very nice car. It is fast enough...

·
Registered
272 Posts
Heres a couple pics of my old 02 GT, this what NOT to do. In the end it only went low 11's in the quarter and I traded for about 20 cents for every dollar invested.

Save your money, put stock headlights back in and if you have to do something, get a better shifter and maybe a magnaflow or borla catback.

As far as performance learn from my mistake all the bolt-on stuff does very little to these cars, to make power you to work the heads and change the cams and that leads to tons of other problems and you just keep spending money, and the car becomes very unreliable.

If you have questions about just ask, I had that car apart and back together more than I drove it

I recommend leave the cams and heads stock and go to on3 performance and pick up a turbo kit for 1700.00. It's all bolt on stuff and is good for an easy 450 hp! And that's about all you'll wanna push on a stock bottom end. Anything above that and your gonna wanna forge the lower internals!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I recommend leave the cams and heads stock and go to on3 performance and pick up a turbo kit for 1700.00. It's all bolt on stuff and is good for an easy 450 hp! And that's about all you'll wanna push on a stock bottom end. Anything above that and your gonna wanna forge the lower internals!

I agree! By bolt ons I ment pullies, intake plenum bigger TB ect. Problem for me was I was doing this back in 03 and 04, my choices were limited. I had a forged bottom all done by Sean Hyland and was putting a 150 wet shot on it. One night a blew the plastic intake into a 100+ peices. :laugh:

That said the OP should save his money and drive like it is, more than enough car for a 16 yr old.

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
sell it and buy a GM!!

/end

1 - 20 of 26 Posts