Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One day when I'm in the position that I plan to be in, I'm going to get a Day/Date Stainless Presidential with square cut diamonds at each roman numeral, and a black or silver face. However I'm not there yet, so I need to think a little smaller.

I need some ideas on finding an all purpose watch. I'm looking for something stainless with a black face (I like simple too), not too flashy that I can wear everyday and not attract too much attention. On the flip side, I need something that those in the know will recognize, and I can also keep it on in case I go to Morton's to eat. Hopefully, y'all can give me some direction. I was thinking about the Movado Metio with or without the diamonds, depending on the price separation. Any other ideas, and what do you think about the Metio?

Oh, and I like stainless bands too.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Movado. simple, black face, and known by all. plus its on the cheaper side.

I am a big series 800 fan too.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Other than our watch sponsors here, everyone likes Hamilton watches. Here is a nice simple faced one with a stainless band but they have many other variations and such.

Hamilton Watch

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Other than our watch sponsors here, everyone likes Hamilton watches. Here is a nice simple faced one with a stainless band but they have many other variations and such.

Hamilton Watch
They have some nice pieces there that I like. Are they affordable? Well let's say, I have just under a grand set aside for my watch. Will this suffice for a Hamilton?

·
7,022 Posts
Thanks. I really like this. Not too expensive either. How's the quality?

Welcome to Tissot
Quality is very nice. Hamilton has been around for a long time. I'd recommend, at this price point especially with a discount, buying this piece from an AD. Couple reasons: its your first nice buy; it helps you develop a relationship with a reputable individual; if it turns out to have issues, it will be much easier for you to get it fixed. Nothing leaves a bad taste in your mouth like a bad product the first time you dive in to the world. Not that I'd think you'll have issues with Hamilton; just a few thoughts. Most of the auto's use the Valjoux 7750 movement which is an absolute work horse. Good luck.

Edit: my bad. I now see your Tissot reference. Yet, another good quality piece at this price. I still recommend the same in regards to AD as above. Rumor has it that Tissot is one of the more popular brands in Europe.

I have a great AD that I can set you up with if you prefer. Just PM me for info if you want the info.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quality is very nice. Hamilton has been around for a long time. I'd recommend, at this price point especially with a discount, buying this piece from an AD. Couple reasons: its your first nice buy; it helps you develop a relationship with a reputable individual; if it turns out to have issues, it will be much easier for you to get it fixed. Nothing leaves a bad taste in your mouth like a bad product the first time you dive in to the world. Not that I'd think you'll have issues with Hamilton; just a few thoughts. Most of the auto's use the Valjoux 7750 movement which is an absolute work horse. Good luck.

Edit: my bad. I now see your Tissot reference. Yet, another good quality piece at this price. I still recommend the same in regards to AD as above. Rumor has it that Tissot is one of the more popular brands in Europe.

I have a great AD that I can set you up with if you prefer. Just PM me for info if you want the info.
Thanks. I still have the Hamilton Window open in my browser. I've been reading up on the company, and like how it originated in the states, but is still Swiss made. Hamilton has some nice simple pieces that I like, and there are a few dealers not to far from where I live (walking distance).

There's also a Tissot dealer near me as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm really liking this. Thanks for the introduction to this company.

Will be pricing it this Friday when I'm free.

Hamilton Jazzmaster Seaview.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
^Very handsome watch.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Get the Breitling Aerospace Titanium, its not as large as normal Breitlings, made out of titanium so it is super light. Its just a perfect erveryday watch. Had mine now for over 4 years and I still love it!!

The pic. shows a white face, but its always available with a black face.

·
10,594 Posts
^^Thanks DeepJ

Hey guys since were on the topic check this out. The watch pictured appears genuine. Dude sold 13 of them so far. I'm wondering if they would ship a replica or what? For $38.98 buy it now I'm half tempted to buy it, use paypal and put on the card for added protection. But then again if I got a watch at all i probably wouldn't bother returning it for only 38 bucks. Hmm....

HAMILTON KHAKI FIELD AUTOMATIC SAPPHIRE 330FT WATCH - eBay (item 260659544126 end time Sep-12-10 23:23:06 PDT)

·
Registered
3,802 Posts

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I may or may not have just ordered that Hamilton off fleabay.

When it comes I'll upload pics to determine if it's real. I mean, for $38... I couldn't NOT buy it...

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Movado. simple, black face, and known by all. plus its on the cheaper side.

I am a big series 800 fan too.
I had one of those :whistle:

It makes me feel like a used car salesmen, so i never wear it

1 - 20 of 25 Posts