Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I an almost turning sixteen and I am going to get my youngers bike license and I am looking for a certain style of bikes.

Here are the requirements.

/// the bike can not exceed a 50cc engine.

/// Cannot exceed 31MPH.

Not much but I want to look for a reasonable price 50cc bike that has the shape of a APRILIA RS-50. Basically a cool superbike sporty look. What I do not want are these looking bikes. GILERA RUNNER. Many 16 year olds tend to get these bikes in the UK. I do not like the shape of these bikes and the sound is very disturbing. If anybody knows any 50cc bikes to meet those requirements and look like the Aprilia then please tell me. Thanks

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Must be 18 to join L4P?

I don't want to hate on someone to drive them away from communities like this later in life, but I think this was recently brought up in another thread.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
On the bike man GOOGLE is your friend, I don't know much on 50cc bikes. I'd just not get one personally not that small, get a dirt bike and learn to ride IMO. You are suppost to be 18+ to join this forum, not to be mean or push you away bro.

·
Registered
195 Posts
get a Honda Ruckus - it's the best two wheel vehicle under 50cc's! And there's a ton of aftermarket for it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am sorry for joining the L4P website under age but I can't help it. I keep reading some awesome articles on the craziest cars I've ever Seen then it won't let me press links and look at som pictures because I need an account. I really don't want to be kicked off. L4P forums are the best

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
adenis,

Welcome - I wouldn't worry about your age just keep your head on straight and don't come asking how everyone made their money.

This being said please read this thread.

Regards,
OMG thanks for letting me stay connected to this website, much respect.

and the other thread u sent me was really helpful, i understood it well and now you have helped me out alot on buying my first bike and the equipment i need for it. thanks again.

btw if youre in America what is the minimum age people can ride bikes?

thank you - Ruci

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
I am in the US. The minimum age for permit and license is 16 for motorbikes (all displacement sizes). We don't have L-plates like other countries. And insurance is reasonable compared to many countries since generally our engines are large to begin with.

In order to obtain a license you will need to take a writen test (here is a sample test for California DMV). And in order to obtain a license you need to take a 4-part driven course (see here).

·
Registered
274 Posts
Here you go... The Kawasaki Ninja 250R.. They are relatively inexpensive and ride nice.

They make the perfect first bike cause a 750 & 1000 is too much of a bike for you.

I recently purchased one for a G-Friend and she loves it. They ride nice and will get you on your way as a first bike..

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Here you go... The Kawasaki Ninja 250R.. They are relatively inexpensive and ride nice.

They make the perfect first bike cause a 750 & 1000 is too much of a bike for you.

I recently purchased one for a G-Friend and she loves it. They ride nice and will get you on your way as a first bike..

Um, it's about 200cc's to big! yeah, reading comprehension used to be tough for me also.

·
Registered
307 Posts
This is my 50cc piaggio zip, placed a 70cc cylinder on it and now runs 25+ bhp and 100 mph+
Just food for thoughts...

·
Registered
126 Posts
If you have your ego in check I'd suggest getting something used and preferably pre-rashed. The thing about owning a motorcycle is there are plenty of chances to damage it outside of the obvious road accident. Gravity is not your friend and is waiting in the wings for just the right moment to rip your precious bike from your hands when you're trying to walk it around in the garage or driveway. Kickstands sink into hot asphalt. Railway tracks jump up out of nowhere.

It doesn't need to be a rat bike but I highly recommend not getting something shiny right off the showroom floor. Just saying...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts