Luxury4Play.com banner

What's your choice?

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I need some help here. Within this past year or so I've started to make some very decent income. It'll be time to get the wife a new vehicle pretty soon. She's very indecisive about what she WANTS, but she knows what she LIKES. She relies on me to give her some guidance in this area, but I like several different models. I'm here to garner some opinions on these different vehicles.
1. MB CLS63.
2. BMW M6 Gran Coupe
3. Audi S7
4. Jaguar XJR

The Jag is in there because she always mentions it. I'm just curious to see what you guys think. This is a whole new arena for me. This will be my 1st purchase in the luxury car market. Thanks in advance guys/girls.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From all of the reviews that I've seen the RS7 looks like a monster. Not saying that the others aren't, but a monster in a way that she may not be able to handle. I think the 4 that I mentioned come off a bit more refined. If it were for myself I'd include the RS7

·
Registered
173 Posts
:eek:hwell:

I would choose the Audi S7 first and then the MB.

Have you thought about a Maserati Ghibli over the Jag?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:eek:hwell:

I would choose the Audi S7 first and then the MB.

Have you thought about a Maserati Ghibli over the Jag?
No. I haven't thought about the Maserati. She mentions the Jag along with these. The Jag would personally be my last choice out of this group of 4.

Are those 4 choices the wife had mentioned?
Also the Ghibli is a good call just to check out.
She mentioned 3 of the 4. I threw in the M6 on my own.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Why don't you just have her test drive all four? Then let her decide from there. Happy wife, happy life :lol:
I've tried this. She will not drive a car on the test drive. I've never been able to figure out why, but she just won't. Lol. She always rides in the passenger seat & let's me drive. She always says that she trusts my judgement on decisions such as these. I wish it were that easy, but we're talking about women here. Lol.

Reactions: Pushn'lbs

·
Registered
469 Posts
I'd say M6 but ghibli seems to be a good car for the mrs.
I know you posted sedans but maybe she should look into the cayenne turbo. Moms got one; she's only 5'2" and loves it...almost as much as I do!

or perhaps the macan turbo.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'd say M6 but ghibli seems to be a good car for the mrs.
I know you posted sedans but maybe she should look into the cayenne turbo. Moms got one; she's only 5'2" and loves it...almost as much as I do!

or perhaps the macan turbo.
Originally she felt that she wanted an SUV for when we had kids in the future. I test drove an Audi Q7 & MB GL450. I liked the Q7 better. She just recently told me that she'd rather have a 4 door sedan. So unfortunately the SUV/CUV is out the window.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Originally she felt that she wanted an SUV for when we had kids in the future. I test drove an Audi Q7 & MB GL450. I liked the Q7 better. She just recently told me that she'd rather have a 4 door sedan. So unfortunately the SUV/CUV is out the window.
Wait, she hasn't even brought you a kid yet? Scratch out my M6 suggestion, I think you should start out with a Honda and build up after you she has one

·
Registered
264 Posts
OP, drive all four and then decide. Three of your choices are turbo charged and one is supercharged, totally different machines. Based on drive and looks alone, I'd take the XJR but in the L platform (longer wheelbase = more luxury) but they're all animals in their own right and it'll come down to how you feel about one in particular. I wouldn't have a problem with any of those in my garage.

I seriously wonder how many people who've chimed in have actually driven at least one of the cars on the list...

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wait, she hasn't even brought you a kid yet? Scratch out my M6 suggestion, I think you should start out with a Honda and build up after you she has one
She has to deal with me. Lol. So she's earned it. I'm a kid myself.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts