Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is going to be my first street bike, however I've been riding dirt bikes since I was 5.

I'm trying to decide between the Ducati Hypermotard SP 821, street fighter 848, and the ME AGUSTA BRUTALE 800 DRAGSTER.

All are about the same price and have different perks for each. Now from you guys I'm wanting some help on deciding which to go with.
I'm torn between the Brutale and Hypermotard, the street fighter has kind of fallen down the list

·
Registered
848 Posts
You couldn't have picked more different bikes. The Hypermotard and Brutale are so different. I've never ridden a Brutale so I can't give you a comparison but the HM just wasn't for me. It had great low end but I hateddddddddd the ride of it, I have a Ducati Monster 796 and it's just 19234823x more comfortable than the HM. I've ridden several SFs and they're worlds better in every aspect than the HM. I think if you're even considering the Street Fighter and Brutale than the Hypermotard shouldn't even be on your list.

Have your ridden any of them yet?

Ride each one. You'll know which one you want as soon as you get off it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You couldn't have picked more different bikes. The Hypermotard and Brutale are so different. I've never ridden a Brutale so I can't give you a comparison but the HM just wasn't for me. It had great low end but I hateddddddddd the ride of it, I have a Ducati Monster 796 and it's just 19234823x more comfortable than the HM. I've ridden several SFs and they're worlds better in every aspect than the HM. I think if you're even considering the Street Fighter and Brutale than the Hypermotard shouldn't even be on your list.

Have your ridden any of them yet?

Ride each one. You'll know which one you want as soon as you get off it.
I have yet to ride the bikes, getting my M1 this week then setting off to ride them

Just from the seating position I did not like the SF.
The HM would be a comfortable change from dirtbike to street bike for me as it is set up how a dirtbike is. The MV I am still waiting on it to arrive at the dealer before I can even check it out in person

·
Registered
193 Posts
I can tell you that you'll be most comfortable on the Hypermotard as it is essentially a heavy street going version of a 250cc dirtbike. Having said that I think you should throw caution to the wind because the Brutale is rare and fun :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts