Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks and fellow members,

my brother stays in San Diego for the next three months and needs some wheels - since all rntal car companies seemingly try to screw him over by asking 5000$ and more for a Captiva for those 109 days he plans to buy a car and will sell it upon departure. (Which in any case might be cheaper than Hertz and co....)

My question: do dealers agree on deals like sale and buy back for an agreed price based upon miles driven and condition? I know that this is quite common here in Europe but don't know about this state-wise so any idea would be appreciated!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anything will work - does not need to be fancy...I just got in touch with a Ford dealer in SD and will keep you updated! :)

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
I live in SD, when I was here for my internship (15 weeks) I rented a car from Renty Car Rental San Diego - Discount Long Term Car Rentals in clairemont. The place is a little shady I guess, but I only paid $300 a month for like a 2003 celica, it may not have been great but if it broke down they would have to replace it, and I didn't have the headache of registering a cheap car in Cali.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live in SD, when I was here for my internship (15 weeks) I rented a car from Renty Car Rental San Diego - Discount Long Term Car Rentals in clairemont. The place is a little shady I guess, but I only paid $300 a month for like a 2003 celica, it may not have been great but if it broke down they would have to replace it, and I didn't have the headache of registering a cheap car in Cali.
Awesome! I just mailed him the link! Thank you all for the input - registering a car in the US, especially a non-US citizen, is quite a PITA (regarding insurance etc...) as far as I found out! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts