Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Me and a few buddies just launched the forums at http://www.ultimateklasse.com. Ultimate Klasse started as a blog - highlighting enthusiast BMW builds in the highest quality possible. We also work closely with indie photographers all over the country to cover BMW shows and events. Our FB page has grown to over 13k fans and we started developing close relationships with shops that share our BMW passion. After a while we realized our fans wanted something a bit more. So we launched a forum and things have been going great so far.

Being enthusiast owned and operated we always love to hear feedback from the community. So let me know what you think!

Thanks

Chris

image.jpg

·
Registered
545 Posts
Seems a little plain to me, Definitely screams out beginners.
You want to make a statement just by the look of the page just as much as you do with the content.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey man, its a good start. Squarespace has some great features and does great for handling SEO. If your serious about blogging, as your following grows, you may want to consider switching to a wordpress based application. I've done a lot of work with high-traffic blogs and wordpress is truly an amazing platform for it.

There is a huge developer community which means there a wide range of free and paid upgrades you can use to add even more features to your blog. Additionally wordpress handless rss feeds for you so your followers can get updated via email whenever you make new posts.

Hope that helps. I'm a web developer by trade and have worked with both platforms. Both are good, but if you want 100% control wordpress is the way to go!

·
Registered
56 Posts
The blog looks good. My only comment would be that if I came across the site without you telling me, I most likely would have missed the forums. Maybe you could make it more prominent?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I think it looks pretty good except for the icons, those should be changed. I also agree that wordpress is the way to go!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
It's a great start. Dylanisgaines beat me to the chase on the wordpress suggestion. I recognize UK from StickerShark's portfolio--they did a bit of printing for a side project of mine. Small world.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
The page looks good, clean and pretty easy to go around. Will give it more attention in the following weeks too. Feel free to send me your e-mail, we have some BMW projects that could fit there pretty good. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts