Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a Harley vrod muscle in the denim(mate) black, up until now I wore half helmets(German look not DOT approved). Now I just want to get a full faced helmet that's light, comfortable with good ventilation and that will look good on my vrod. Please chime in and help me choose a good helmet.
Thank You all.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I always wore AGV helmets when I had my R6. Now that I'm on the harley I wear a 3/4 face, I like the feeling of getting the fresh air but not having the major wind noise of a half helmet. But if you're looking for a solid full face AGV are great and I'd highly recommend them.

·
Registered
570 Posts
go to a good shop and try them on. different brands have different shapes just like shoes. go find one that fits well, then start worrying about looks...odds are that one that felt great on your head comes in other colors than the Rossi replica or whatever. I recommend Arai, Shoei, and even Icon helmets are much nicer than they used to be.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Depending on your head shape... Shoei, Arai, or AGV. I personally use AGV GP-Tech and love it. You can't go wrong with either though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
go to a good shop and try them on. different brands have different shapes just like shoes. go find one that fits well, then start worrying about looks...odds are that one that felt great on your head comes in other colors than the Rossi replica or whatever. I recommend Arai, Shoei, and even Icon helmets are much nicer than they used to be.
This. There is no one "best" choice. If you're going through the trouble of wearing a full face (which I do), you might as well get one that's got a DOT and snell approval. The snell approved designs are a little more expensive but it's a hell of a lot cheaper than a hospital bill.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the naked carbon AGV AX-Evo8. Been using it 2 weeks now and nothing but good things to say. It fits great(Large) the ventilation is good and it's so light that even after 4 hours riding you don't feel your neck hurting(even my half helmet made my neck hurt after couple of hours on my head). I really recomend this helmet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts