Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the world of always being connected to things we could prob make better use of this forum to inform others of the things we are hitting up. I think then this way if you are free and looking for an event to hit up you can just look in this one thread and follow a link to a thread with a bunch more detail on the event.

Event: H20 International
Date(s): 9/24-26/10
Type of vehicles invited: All makes and models
Permits, associations, etc needed to attend: none
Cost: none ( aside from the show if you choose to go)
Link: H2O International / Big Ass BBQ & MusicFest

I think with this format or so people can see what/where/when an event is and if they are able to go due to car/club/financial requirements. For example if i post up a lsx event and its only for lsx vehicles then it wouldnt do anyone any favors if i invite people without mentioning that little fact. same goes if the club you are having an event with doesnt allow people who arent part of that club to attend.

I am sure many of us do vehicle related things and might not have everyones number so this could be a good way to bring all of it together.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Excellent Idea!! I'm signed up for the following...

Track Event - General Driving, School & Seminar
NJ Motorsports Park -
10/12-10/13
Hosted by: AUDI CLUB NA
Types of Vehicles: All makes and Models
Cost: $435 (must also be a Audi Club member)
Link: MotorsportReg.com : Audi Club NA - NJ Chapter announces ACNA-NJ Thunderbolt D.S & Safety Seminar (Tue 12 - Wed 13 Oct, 2010) info at Thunderbolt Raceway, Millville, NJ 08332 (4576)
and
http://www.luxury4play.com/northeast/60966-track-event-nj-motorsports-park-10-12-10-13-a.html

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah i think this might be nice to help those who dont have alot of time to be on forums, just jump in and see what is going on where.

i dont think we have a problem with nothing ever going on in our area.... its more of a problem of people doing things and thinking others might not want to go.

We could also use this to put up events that arent even car related.
Hitting up a club/bar ( andres) and if you want others to know,
going caynon carving or racing r1's on pot hole laden roads ( yuri)
Watching the giants suck and lose against the titans at a sports bar or something ( bill )

i mean this forum isnt just about cars, its about people enjoying life.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
some guys from work were doing an october fest type of thing in the city. ill look for details to see if it matches your stuff andres

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
I as well as couple other friends are signed up for the 5k

Event: Merrell Down & Dirty Mud Run 5k or 10k
Date: Oct. 3rd
Time: Race Starts @ 8am
Cost: $50---Donation Wounded Warrior Foundation
Where: Pelham Park, Orchard Beach, NY
Link: http://www.downanddirtymudrun.com/

·
Registered
163 Posts
Event: Coolwater Fall Cruise #5-10/17/2010
Location: Wyndham Garden Hotel - 1000 International Drive North, Mount Olive, NJ
Date(s): 10/17/2010 at 9am
Type of vehicles invited: All makes and models
Permits, associations, etc needed to attend: none
Cost: none ( you can buy things like T-Shirts and other merchandise if you choose, it will go towards the charity)
Link: .:Coolwater Fall Cruise #5-10/17/2010 : Taking care of our own:.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
This Sunday September 26th. CAPTREE Sunday morning RUNNNNNN and gathering
We are going for a drive This Sunday. This will be a good old school Captree Run then we will head for Brunch In the City.This weekend should be the first weekend switching the meets from OBI (the summer location) to Captree ( the fall winter and spring location)

If any one is interested in coming let me know.

add your name here and the location you will be meeting us so we know to expect you
if you are coming. you can Also send me a PM with your number if i don't already have it or if you dont already have mine.
@ way radios are good set then to channel 2 sub channel 1.

here is the route we are taking to Captree.

First meet spot is good for people coming from South NJ, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Staten Island, second meet spot is good from people coming from CT, Upstate, queens, westchester Long island. Bronx.

meeting 7:15 am @ 1 atlantic ave brooklyn NY. leaving by 7:30
meeting 8:00 am @ rest area on southern aftre exit 14 leaving by 8:15
meeting 8:45 am @ Captree state park.
Enjoying the cars and the coffee for about an hour or so then heading to Soho in the city for Brunch
on spring Street and washignton. should be there by 11: 11:30 and there should be plenty of parking.

1-900AERO (shane)
2-NJ_55 (Steve - pretty sure ill be at meet spot #2/if majority of the cars are meeting at #1 ill go there)
3-ProHairSvc (Kurt) (Captree)

·
Registered
548 Posts
Shane, I don't mean to be a party pooper but I'm fighting a ticket right now that can take away my license if its not won so from now on, I am going to take it easy. I may make it to Cap Tree this weekend BUT I will meet everyone there because I can't risk another ticket, I honestly don't have anymore "get out of jail" free cards and I don't think any of you do either.

Do like me, go on track days, they ARE very accessible. After going to some of these, driving on highways and doing crazy speeds like we're used to doesn't seem all that necessary anymore. Just my 0.2 cents.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Shane, I don't mean to be a party pooper but I'm fighting a ticket right now that can take away my license if its not won so from now on, I am going to take it easy. I may make it to Cap Tree this weekend BUT I will meet everyone there because I can't risk another ticket, I honestly don't have anymore "get out of jail" free cards and I don't think any of you do either.

Do like me, go on track days, they ARE very accessible. After going to some of these, driving on highways and doing crazy speeds like we're used to doesn't seem all that necessary anymore. Just my 0.2 cents.
I 100% Agree... I never intend to run hard I only do it when the time is and place permits and maybe that is why I have a clean driving record. you saw me on the way back from the track day. I could have chased danny and Oren on the way back but I decided to roll easy with you. especially at rush hour it does not make any sense to run hard. I agree with you. Tickets are never fun.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I 100% Agree... I never intend to run hard I only do it when the time is and place permits and maybe that is why I have a clean driving record. you saw me on the way back from the track day. I could have chased danny and Oren on the way back but I decided to roll easy with you. especially at rush hour it does not make any sense to run hard. I agree with you. Tickets are never fun.
Yes, in fact, if things are to resume normalcy and we're in fact going to go on runs on a regular basis and this place is going to get cleaned up then the pace should also be controlled and not wild/ludacris as we're used to doing on Sunday mornings/whenever we run. if we're starting new and fresh here, then runs should be done responsibly, for our safety, for others and so we don't get locked up, have our license taken away, insurance increases, etc etc.. you know the deal! Perhaps we can contact Monticello Motor Club and get a track rental setup and then we can go balls out -- wanna race then? bring it! I hit 150MPH on the straight.. NO TICKETS BABY!!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
@ will, i could not agree more with your last 2 post...i've actually been saying that for a long time. it seems that something always seems to happen on our runs.
@ shane, i'm really trying to make to cap tree one these days, at this point i may just through my daughter in the car and roll out there with her

I am defiantly going to be at the e-town track event, i hope most of you can too.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
@ will, i could not agree more with your last 2 post...i've actually been saying that for a long time. it seems that something always seems to happen on our runs.
@ shane, i'm really trying to make to cap tree one these days, at this point i may just through my daughter in the car and roll out there with her

I am defiantly going to be at the e-town track event, i hope most of you can too.
Awesome. you are gonna love it.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts