Luxury4Play.com banner

NBA 2010-2011 Season

22K views 324 replies 49 participants last post by  deuce818 
#1 ·
Does anyone watch basketball? I haven't seen any recent threads about it.

I went through minor withdrawals during the off season... been following the preseason with interest. And I'm going to the Hawks vs. Heat game next week so that should be fun.

I'm an Orlando Magic fan, but it works out nicely living in Atlanta because Hawks tickets are super cheap. I am looking forward to going home and catching a Magic game at the new arena, as well as going to the 2012 All Star Games!

#14 ·
Your location is "Flowrida" but your against the Heat?
Man, thats bad. That's like treason!

When the rest of the nation hates us, we must all stick together. ;)
Not in florida by choice lol... moved here from belgium... Kobe got me into watching basketball... and besides with the amount of bandwagon fans coming onto the heat, its just sad... at least when we had a shitty run of 3-4 years, fans were still there... some heat fans are like family members you didnt even know you had that come out the woodwork once you have money.

Heat
Close thread......
i'll re-open the thread because that will not open

#4 ·
i'm curious to see Dwight's new moves - it will definitely be a battle between the big 3 (mia, bos, orl)

- chuck

#8 · (Edited)
If Carmelo leaves the Western Confrence the only threat left for the Lakers is Brandon Roy and the Trail Blazers and KD and the Thunder, two formidable up and coming squads, but not yet contendors for the title.

Lakers have it easy until the finals when they will face a worn down opponent from the ultra competitive and physical Eastern Confrence.

The Heat are a very long shot (anyone from the Eastern Confrence for that matter) because they would have to beat the C's, Dwight Howard, and Carmelo before even meeting the Lakers in the Finals. What are the odds of beating all of those superstars in the East AND then Kobe, Phil Jackson, & the Lakeshow.

These are favorable conditions for a Lakers 3PEAT.

#15 ·
heat are a long shot....lol really

#10 ·
As much as I hate to say this... Lakers are going to take it. IF the Heats actually make it to the finals, beating Orlando and Boston. Kobe can hold DWade, Artest is going to hold LeBron by putting pressure and being aggressive, you then have Bynum and Gasol on Bosh (who is soft)... It's a long season too, and the Lakers definitely have a win if comparing bench players

#20 ·
People need to understand that its not just that we have the Big 3, our team is STACKED. We have a really solid all around team that can win championships, especially if Wade gets better with his injury. And having LeBron more determined than he's ever been (according to him) the Heat will be a serious contender this year.

#22 ·
People need to understand that its not just that we have the Big 3, our team is STACKED. We have a really solid all around team that can win championships, especially if Wade gets better with his injury. And having LeBron more determined than he's ever been (according to him) the Heat will be a serious contender this year.
Oh please, LeBron is every year 'more determined than ever'.

And a stacked team? MIA will get beat up by BOS & ORL. Who do the Lakers have as competition in the West? The Suns? Denver? The Spurs??? :lol: The only team L.A. has to 'fear' is OKC.

#21 ·
I have no hatred for any NBA squad. On any given night any team in the NBA can lose. No team is unbeatable, even the Lakers. They just need to keep Bynum healthy for the playoffs and the Lakers will be in the Finals easy:
  • They are far and away the best in the Western Conference
  • The best coach in history of the league
  • The best player in the league
  • 3 consecutive years of championship experience as a unit

The Heat are unlikely to do much this year because they have to contend with:
  • Who is their best player/ leader?
  • Do they respect their coach? Look at the coaches of the past 20 or so NBA champs, they are all HOFers (jury out of Doc Rivers)
  • Hawks, Magic, C's, and Melo will be waiting for them in the first three rounds of the playoffs
  • Their squad has no championship experience as a unit

Dwight Howard have the fight of his life if he meets the Celtics in the playoffs. Their bigs Kendrick Perkins, Jermaine O'neal, Shaquille O'neal, and Glen Davis all want a piece of Superman. He better get mean real quick.

I wonder what type of moves Chicago will make to pick up Melo? That seems like a dangerous squad if they can pull it off.

I think KD will be scoring champ again this year and it will be a race between him and Kobe for MVP. I think Kobe's assist numbers are going up a bit this year with Steve Blake (high 3PT%) playing along side of him.

WHO SHOULD BE IN THE DUNK CONTEST? Nate Robinson has been a great champ and it's time he pass it on. I think Shannon Brown is the most explosive leaper but lacks creativity. LeBron should grow a pair and compete in the contest already. Who do you guys think should compete in or win this years Dunk Contest?

#26 ·
Melo coming to the East Coast is a non-factor, unless it's CHI. he & Amare in NYC are pure puff - loads of offense, bigger holes in defense. if he goes to NJ, maybe they win 30 games instead of 15. he's a very good player, 2nd-tier, but needs another superstar to take it to the next level (he would be great on Orlando!)

Heat have 3 players - the rest are cast-offs w/ a few good games per season, except for Udonis who is solid.

i agree that Lakers have the easiest shot b/c West is pretty weak now.

Celtics proved last year they are very very real (1 quarter away from being champions)

Orlando is looking better in the pre-season using a more conventional line-up (RL @ 3-spot) and i believe that Dwight could (finally) be on a mission this year - he was embarrassed.

After the Heat, Magic, & Celtics kill each other in very physical games; i would agree that Lakers have the best shot since they will skate through the West & be well rested.

(i'm rooting for the Magic)

- chuck

#29 ·
(i'm rooting for the Magic)

- chuck
Hi Chuck! I'm back!!! :D

I'll be thinking of you! I'm going to Orlando Feb 11th and staying for the Magic/Lakers on Sunday the 13th. Well that is unless I have a GF and she wants to do something for Valentine's day, however the prospect that is closest to being what I would call a GF.....is a Lakers fan and I'm proud to say she decked 3 Celtics fans last year during the finals..........I'm thinking shes a keeper :)

I've got some interesting games lined up. Ironically none of them will I be in the majority of the fan base.

I'm going to Lakers/Bucks Lakers/Bulls Lakers/Pacers Lakers/Celtics Lakers/Magic

None of them will be in LA! I'm hoping this trip to Boston will end better for me than the last time I was there for a game, that 2008 game 6 debacle.

#27 ·
I was pretty bummed when Lebron was talking about joining the dunk contest and then didn't.

I think that after a couple of years of tough battles, the Magic will beat the Celtics this year.... Also, it is true (I think) that the Western conference is a lot less intense than the finals in the Eastern conference and that certainly helps the Lakers, but I just don't see them winning again this year.

Either way, I'm looking forward to going to the Heat vs. Hawks game this Thursday and will prob hit up a bunch of other games at the arena in Atlanta and the new arena in Orlando.

I'm just happy that the season has started! Grand-Am and F1 can only fill up so much of my time.

#39 ·
Last night was a perfect example of why Miami will not win a title and might not even make it to the championship round.

Yes they could not have shot the ball much worse and that will improve as will team chemistry. However the Celtics exposed the exact weaknesses that all the detractors said they had to begin with. They have no post presence and can't rebound. The Celtics just packed the paint and made them shoot jump shots. Did anyone notice how when they were in their offensive sets the middle of the floor underneath the basket was missing any Heat player? Now they will shoot lights out some nights but in a 7 game series the odds of them shooting well are definitely against them since none of them are great shooters besides their spot up guys who need to be set up but it will be harder if they can't drive to the hoop.

#42 ·
Being a big Cleveland fan, I couldn't have asked for the season to start any better than with a Heat loss and a Cavs win. I got a bonus that the Cavs beat the team that beat the Heat, which also happened to be the defending Eastern Conference Champs AND the team that knocked Cleveland out last year! :) What a start....

#43 ·
Tonight is huge for Miami......home opener......we know what Orlando brings to the table. Beating Philly isn't a great accomplishment. I'd say if Miami can't take care of Orlando then they will need to really improve just to get out of the 2nd round of the playoffs because they likely would face Boston or Orlando in the 2nd round because being in the same division as Orlando if Orlando wins the division they'd have a tough road through the playoffs.

#44 ·
let see if Carter blew his entire season's load in the opener :p

- chuck

#45 ·
Carter is such a girl............

Props to Miami for ass raping Orlando with no lube. Its a shame Orlando couldn't take advantage of their biggest strength and Miami's biggest weakness...........you have big Z and UD guarding Dwight Howard, I'd throw it to him every time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.