Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the lugs of the watch ever come out when wearing a NATO. I have had this happen to me twice on the Yachtmaster. Once while active and another time while walking from the car.

Found it both times, but Im worried I wont find it the next time it falls out. Or if both happen to come out :eek:hwell:

·
Registered
55 Posts
use the proper spring bars, if the spring bars are proper and the right size they dont pop out. UNLESS the hole in case is gaped out from using the wrong tool to remove the bracelet..

no reason they should come out if its a proper size springbar and properly seated in the hole..

take pics of the spring bar out of the watch and the holes in the case.. oem spring bar should be like 2-3-4mm longer than the lugs and the tips not pointed but blunt.. you could always go to local rolex store and see if their watchmaker have some proper spring bars, i have a feeling your using oem bars but somehow gaped the holes out with a tool when removing bracelet.

pics?

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
use the proper spring bars, if the spring bars are proper and the right size they dont pop out. UNLESS the hole in case is gaped out from using the wrong tool to remove the bracelet..

no reason they should come out if its a proper size springbar and properly seated in the hole..

take pics of the spring bar out of the watch and the holes in the case.. oem spring bar should be like 2-3-4mm longer than the lugs and the tips not pointed but blunt.. you could always go to local rolex store and see if their watchmaker have some proper spring bars, i have a feeling your using oem bars but somehow gaped the holes out with a tool when removing bracelet.

pics?
Took it apart and everything looks like it should. Blunt ends on the bar and holes look normal.

Sorry for the iPhone pics. Couldnt get it to focus perfectly.

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Holes look fine still, odd question though. Is it possible the NATO strap is a hair to small and getting caught on the bar, in turn compressing the spring?

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Gotta be something wrong with the spring bars. Order a new set. In the summer i'll put my PO on a nato for weeks at a time and never have problems with it. I actually feel more secure with my watch on a Nato.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Gotta be something wrong with the spring bars. Order a new set. In the summer i'll put my PO on a nato for weeks at a time and never have problems with it. I actually feel more secure with my watch on a Nato.
I couldn't agree with you more

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Holes look fine still, odd question though. Is it possible the NATO strap is a hair to small and getting caught on the bar, in turn compressing the spring?
I think this is the problem. Its an 18mm strap, which I know is 2mm smaller

Its a cheapy strap from JCrew, and I feel that if I order one online it will be much better quality. This one is already fraying and when I replace it, I will get a good one.

At first I felt the same, until it happened once.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Replace the spring bar. I was having a similar problem with one side of the spring bar popping out on my Breitling Colt Chrono. There was no visible damage to the case and I couldn't see/feel anything wrong with the spring bar. The store where it was originally purchased swapped in a new one at no charge and it has never been a problem since.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
I think this is the problem. Its an 18mm strap, which I know is 2mm smaller

Its a cheapy strap from JCrew, and I feel that if I order one online it will be much better quality. This one is already fraying and when I replace it, I will get a good one.

At first I felt the same, until it happened once.
Maratac Nato & Zulu straps all day > *

And get new bars. (speaking from experience)

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
That's where I will be ordering when this strap gets worse..

Maybe I should check out the rolex dealer see if theyll swap them

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just bought them because I was at the store and wanted to see how it looked on a NATO.

Too lazy to order and wait for it to arrive.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts