Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately I wasn't able to go down in time to see what kind of car this is but I was hoping someone could help - the fuzzy picture makes it tough but this is hands down one of the sweetest classics verts i've seen.

If you know the make/model and year range that would be greatly helpful! I have been in the market for a classic benz but this caught my eye.

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
ill take 280 se vert

·
Registered
51 Posts
looks a bit like a pontiac gto or maybe a rolls royce corniche

·
Registered
936 Posts
Well it's for American for sure. Right around 1970.

At first I thought Skylark, but the deck lid and the headrests both have sharp, steep dropoffs.

Those two things say Cutlass. The steep lines on the headrests and the deck lid. The trim line that you can barely make out down the center line of the hood. The emblem on the deck lid is Oldsmobile. Most of them said C-U-T-L-A-S-S across the lid, but I have seen it before over the key hole. It's not a '69 because you would see the tails. It could be a '71 or '72, but the taillights look to be vertical. So I say 1970 Cutlass.

Final answer. 1970 Olds Cutlass Convertible.

*Edit* Found pics with the emblem on the lid.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Yep, the 442 was an option package at first and then it's own model.

Most of them were hardtops, but there are a few verts floating around, and they pull in top dollar.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I concur with DoDriven. I would say 1970 Cutlass Supreme Convertible because of the interior woodgrain trim and the shape of the headrests. The odds are that it is a Cutlass instead of a 442 of amy ilk because it does not seem to have hood lock knobs or hood scoops for the cold air induction system.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dodriven - thanks for the help here; did a bit of research and you're right, they bring in top dollar for the verts. I had never seen one before this

definitely a beautiful classic

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
^ thats prob a 6 and they were just called XJS......some just had the 12 and some the 6......the one above is newer (rear lights) and more than likely has the 6.....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts