Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow i'm setting off for a 41/2 day trip to New York once again, sadly coming home just before NYE as that wasn't feasible.

Ive been to New York many times before so wont be doing all the generic touristy stuff as we've done that all before. Im mainly just looking for good places to eat if people have suggestions. Will be returning to the Spice Market (403 W 13th St) as we've eaten there before and it was fantastic. Also looking for a good steakhouse, id definitely rather quality over quantity and don't paying a bit more for it. Somebody recommended Mark Joseph near south street sea port, however that was over a year ago they visited so looking for a more recent and reliable suggestion as i don't want a bad meal when we are only there for 4 nights.

Also staying close to Grand Central if people were wondering.

Thanks,

Judge.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Carmine's...Shrimp Parmesan, Epic!

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
If you're looking for a good steakhouse check out:

Keen's Steakhouse - 72W 36th St

Peter Luger's - 178 Broadway in Brooklyn

Arlington Club - 1032 Lexington Ave

Sparks - 13E 12th Street

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
It's probably too late, but if you can get a reservation at Chef's Table (usually need to do it 3 months in advance).
Otherwise:

Ko (part of Momofuku). Great place for fancy lunch without having to dress up.
The Modern (part of the MOMA). Not too fancy, food is good, comfortable place.

Ramen: Toto (spelling?), Ippudo

If you want to take part in the Cronut craze, Dominique Ansel. Should line up around 630am (opens at 8am) and limited to 2 per person.
Milk (part of Momofuku). Cereal Milk ice cream.

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ended up doing:

Rare Bar & Grill (34th and Lexington) - Some of the best 'Bourbon Backyard BBQ' ribs that i've ever had.
Spice Market (13th and 9th ave) - Great pan-asian food, just as brilliant as last year.
The Capital Grille (155 East 42nd Street) - Really great starter (mozzarella wrapped in prosciutto and vine tomatoes) Amazing main (Fillet steak with asparagus and some parmesan fries)

All great places!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts