Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Experiencing the ‘Green hell’ at least once in your life should be on any pertolhead’s list. For 24 Euro ($ 32) you can drive one lap on the Nürburgring Nordschleife in Germany in 2011, an increase of 2 euro over this years price.

Four laps on the 73-turn, 13-mile course will cost you € 89. That includes a food and drink at the Eifeldorf Grüne Hollë restaurant and one Ring Werk Museum ticket.

Read more!

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Worth every penny from what I've been told.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
That is a ridiculous price for an experience like this. And 4 laps + lunch + museum for €89 is a STEAL.

Over here an organization offers 3 laps on a kart track (yeah not even Istanbul Park) in a Ferrari F430 which costs ~50 euros. And that offer is for a limited time. Rumor says that they wont let you shift up above 2nd gear.

This is the track
http://img.donanimhaber.com/upfiles/73846/42C1466F45664724A539090D9852B472.jpg

Turkey - where LA bull's sarcastic mindset becomes reality LOL

·
Banned
6,957 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
The Ring has become more like a world class resort than a track. Thus prices reflect all the upgrades they need and money to support all the other stuff that is setup to also attract people to the track. Though you'd figure the track itself would be enough.

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
Right, they turned it into a wanna be disneyland, fucked it up and the enthusiasts are the once getting ass fvcked 4 the mess.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I went a year and a half ago, and it is 100% worth every penny.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
if you run there all day, i suppose a track day is cheaper. i figure a typical track day is about 20 or so laps and runs for $300 on average. also, track day has dedicated emergency crew.

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
I've got a year's ticket but those are also getting more and more expensive.

If you're someone just on vacation to whom it is a once a year or even once in a life time thing it's a bargain, no matter how expensive. But if you want to go there regularly but not often enough so that a year's ticket would be reasonable its a pain in the ass. Lots of friends will go there much less because of this.

·
Registered
712 Posts
It's all about business. They would be stupid if they wouldn't want to profit from the worlds most famous racetrack.
To keep everything as it was just to keep the "real enthusiasts" happy isn't something you see anywhere in todays world, unfortunately.
But I don't think a 2€/lap increase will change anything as the Ring seems to become more and more popular every year.

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
It's all about business. They would be stupid if they wouldn't want to profit from the worlds most famous racetrack.
To keep everything as it was just to keep the "real enthusiasts" happy isn't something you see anywhere in todays world, unfortunately.
But I don't think a 2€/lap increase will change anything as the Ring seems to become more and more popular every year.
Belive me. People are furious about this rip off. They have to split the racetrack and everything else!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I love how I keep hearing about people in 100K GT3s from all over Europe getting their panties up in a bunch over 2 euros. I would much rather pay 50 euro a lap for not having to wait in line for an hour and a half because everyone and their nephew in their piece of shit cars want a bit of sightseeing on the track.

The Jahreskarte is still very very reasonable. Compare that to any ski resort in the alps.

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
You guys just dont get it..
BTW. There are quiet a few more people who dont own GT3s or anything near that price range who'd like to have a go.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts