Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lexus is going even a step further in the development of the flagship LFA, as the original was meant to be produced in a limited run of only 500 units. This new edition spotted testing at high speeds on the Nurburgring, features quad exhaust tips in the rear, replacing the standard's center-mounted three. The reason for this change, you ask? To make room for a much larger diffuser integrated into the rear bumper.The new hood has been left unpainted for a raw carbon fiber look, while an additional air intake allows that mighty V10 to breathe a bit better. New spoilers have been added to the trunk-lid.We are assuming that this LFA will be a very powerful final version of the flagship supercar.

more pics/info at Mysterious Lexus LFA Sets the Nurburgring Alight

189014.jpg

189015.jpg

189017.jpg

189019.jpg

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I like the new exhaust tip location. I'm sure the price will be much closer to the mil mark now.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
^ you mean Toyota.....

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
it'll still be a lexus,,,,
who cares? Brand shouldn't get in the way of appreciating a nice car.
Bugatti and Lamborghinis are VW. If a company that makes beetles can make veyrons and aventadors, a company that makes corollas can make the LFA without being hated because of the brand.

This lfa bashing because its a toyota is getting old...

honestly the LFA makes one of the best sounds out of all road cars. Carrera GT also. Pure NA V10 heaven.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Bugatti and Lamborghinis are VW. If a company that makes beetles can make veyrons and aventadors, a company that makes corollas can make the LFA without being hated because of the brand.

honestly the LFA makes one of the best sounds out of all road cars. Carrera GT also. Pure NA V10 heaven.

This.
Now for the record... I would personally take a 456 Italia over it. BUT I appreciate what the LF-A is. It is certainly no slouch and is already a rare legend of sorts with only 500 units built. And even with the $350k price tag, Lexus loses money on each example!

Nice lil' vid here. Skip to 2:18 for FIERCE acceleration/exhaust:

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I still think this CF weaving machine is just amazing.

·
Registered
663 Posts

+1

Could not agree more. Looking forward to some announcement about this one. Hopefully they make more than just *1* though (I absolutely despise one-off cars no matter how awesome they are -- actually, the more awesome they are, the more I hate them if they're a one-off).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts