Luxury4Play.com banner

My Summer Garage Makeover Project ** Sorry, no exotics (aside from wall art).

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  CarDon 
#1 ·
This forum is awesome!
I want to thank everyone for the design ideas and inspiration to finally get off my butt and get to this major renovation project after living here for 14 years.

This represents about 100 man hours of labor over two months but I no longer dread going into the garage!!! :clap:

I still need to hang some additional lighting and install a flat panel TV but for the most part the renovation is finished.

The Cabinets are from Gladiator (spacious & rock solid) and the tiles are from GarageFlooringInc.com

I also installed a new Chamberlain Garage Door Opener with MyQ Smartphone Internet control (uber-geeky!).

The bikes are a 2.3L 150HP 2005 Triumph Rocket III (with 115K miles and ridden in all 'Lower 48' U.S. States!) and backup 2008 105th Anniversary 1200CC HD Sportster.

My Mitsubishi 3000GT (A nice car but not an exotic by any means) was in the shop when I took these pics.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Valuable tips I learned:

1. For crisp racing stripe edges, ensure your tape is adhered well and then paint over it with the same base coat (semi-gloss white in this case) and then paint over the inside area that will later be painted darker with a primer coat similar in color to the base layer.

This will ensure that if any bleeding under the tape does occur it will be the base coat color (or worst case the primer color) and not the darker color you use for the actual stripe(s).

2. Invest in or borrow a good laser level to make sure the taping and picture hangers are aligned correctly. Your floors should be angled to allow for drainage so do not make the mistake of measuring off the ground and many ceilings are not perfectly level either.

3. If you want to align the tops of your cabinets exactly with the top of your stripes make sure you take into account the height of the feet on the cabinets (I didn't - oh well).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.