Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, let's see if you like my little project - a full rebuild of a '98 e36.

I know most people out there consider stanced/lowered cars useless and "a bit too much" but I've always liked this style and wanted to turn my e36 into a showcar. So in these past years I've invested over 10k in an old ride, but it looks and feels completely new for me and it's definitely a head-turner wherever I take it.

I think only the car's body has remained untouched, other than that I've changed everything to the car, from the engine, bumpers, interiors, dashboard and so on.

The car has been repainted in Laguna Seca Blue, it sits on 17 inches BBS RS wheels which were extremely hard to find, it has bigger brakes, a sport suspension from Bilstein, a custom M3 Vader interior with blue stripes to go with the car's exterior and a lot of other updates.

Here's how it looks right now:

Interior:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Wow that's awesome! I'm actually looking at a 1997 328is right now as a project car...This makes me want to buy it even more. Would love to see some more pictures if you have any.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I was worried seeing ''stanced'' in the tittle figuring it was another ''hella-gayflush'' car, but nicely done! I like!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, the e36 is definitely a car worth modifying.

Here are more photos with the evolution of the car:

It looked like this after the first updates

Then it was repainted

And more photos with it in its current state (they're actually from the last year but it looks the same today)

BBS RS 10x17 in the back and 8.5x17 up front

The engine

M3 dashboard dials as well

·
Registered
913 Posts
Nice, makes me miss my old e36.

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
das nice

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
I was expecting crap but I like it. However I have to say those are the most bizarre headrests I've ever seen

·
Registered
913 Posts
I was expecting crap but I like it. However I have to say those are the most bizarre headrests I've ever seen
Factory e36 M3 seats. I looked everywhere for a set when I had mine, I found one set in 5 years, and they weren't cheap.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys, I'm glad you like it!

Yes, those are factory e36 M3 seats and I've bought them pretty cheap because they were in a nasty condition, but I've invested a lot in them to make them like this. Even the seat pillows are brand new, that's why the headrests might look just a little bit different from the original seats.

Right now the car is in the shop once again, receiving a brand new clutch, a 3.15 LSD and an xbrace like the ones used on cabrios to strengthen the ride.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts