Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, been on the site for awhile and never really thought about posting or making an account, I'm hesitant about ordering this car for my first car so feel free to give your honest feedback.

Audi SQ5 Prestige,
21" 5-double-spoke star design wheels
Carbon Atlas inlay
Black Fine Nappa leather seats

I'm currently waiting to hear back from the dealership to let me know if the manufacturer can put the "Titanium package" black trim.

Also looking to put the exclusive rs7 daytona grey matte color on the SQ5.

I'm open to hear different suggestions, my brother drives an S5 so that isn't an option.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
The SQ5s are very nice. Something to keep in mind is that the 3.0T Q5 and SQ5 make the same exact power numbers when tuned (Same engine, normal Q5 is just detuned from factory- lower boost), and the Q5 will likely be cheaper. Base for the SQ is the same as the Prestige 3.0T so you will have to pay a lot more to get a similarly equipped S model.

Also, I know a guy with a tuned Q5, he's running 12.6 in the quarter mile. Pretty damn fast for an SUV.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sounds stupid but I'm not allowed to get a color not in the range of a light grey-Black, basically my family makes us all stay in the same color range.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
sounds stupid but I'm not allowed to get a color not in the range of a light grey-Black, basically my family makes us all stay in the same color range.
If my parents were buying me a $60k car while I was still in high school, I wouldn't complain ;)

·
Registered
202 Posts
The Q5 3.0T is a very nice ride. I have been working on my buddies that has APR STG 2. Very very quick for a damn small SUV, rather shocking to tell you the truth. Although modifying the SUV like that brings worry bugs that are scared of losing warranty. So if that is an issue I would by-pass that route. Besides that, why not go for a sportier line up? I am assuming you are staying in the Audi family. Since you are obviously young, and your parents are buying you a car, I would think of going for a TTRS. That is if you can find one, and drive stick. Another option would be an S4, which is a better fit for a younger person.

Also, I assume you just want a brand name, more so than having a fun car. If you are looking for a fun car for less money, then go down to VW and get a Golf R. Otherwise, there isn't many more options besides going higher up in the Audi lineup which then involves the RS5, S6 and so forth...but if this is your first car..then I can't recommend those options.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was never a fan of a ttrs, I know this is an Audi section but what is your opinion on maybe an e550 coupe. The s4 is still a very likely choice for me as well, with titanium package as well as the Daytona matte grey. Also this will be the second Audi in my family's car lineup my brother owns an s5 so the choice doesn't have to be an audi

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
E550 is an old person car and not exciting at all to be honest.

I do like the TT-RS suggestion, it is a monster when tuned and will be 100 times more fun to drive than the SQ5. The RS is much more nimble than the S4/5 as well and can easily make more power.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I just got the call back from the dealership letting me know the manufacturer can't do the daytona matte grey or the "titanium package" trim around the car, I'm pretty bummed out.

·
Registered
924 Posts
E550 is an old person car and not exciting at all to be honest.

I do like the TT-RS suggestion, it is a monster when tuned and will be 100 times more fun to drive than the SQ5. The RS is much more nimble than the S4/5 as well and can easily make more power.
+1

·
Registered
150 Posts
+2...older thread but had to :whistle:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts