·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nah mans thats just me detaching the pipes in between the muffler and cat. i want straight pipes though:)

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
nice, what is ur setup? what headers, mid pipe, catback?

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
^ whipple 4.0, u can make 790rwhp on a mustang dyno. race gas, and a 4 inch blower puller.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Everything is stock except i have ford racing mufflers on it. i want to either put ford racing headers, down pipe with cat, and that its to complete the set. Orrrrr, try and put the 2011 shelby stuff on it because those come with 4 inch pipes and sounds way nicer plus the newer supercharger. plus i read just a k&n cold air adds 24 more horsepower which is still a good amount to the wheels for one thing

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
I used to work for UPR, we had an 09 shelby as our shop car., kooks long tubes, o/r x pipe, and ford racing mufflers, sounded insane. We also had Ford Racing Blower upgrade- basically a small displacement whipple, JLT carbon fiber intake, inovators west underdrive crank, smaller overdrive blower pulley. We used an SCT 3 to tune it and our Mustang Dyno. We made about 650 rwhp on pump gas, and got it into the 10's in the quarter.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I used to work for UPR, we had an 09 shelby as our shop car., kooks long tubes, o/r x pipe, and ford racing mufflers, sounded insane. We also had Ford Racing Blower upgrade- basically a small displacement whipple, JLT carbon fiber intake, inovators west underdrive crank, smaller overdrive blower pulley. We used an SCT 3 to tune it and our Mustang Dyno. We made about 650 rwhp on pump gas, and got it into the 10's in the quarter.
thats insane. how much would a new pulley cost and how much hp could it add? heard it can do wonders basically

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
I dont wanna thread jack, but this is my old setup... just a pulley, intake,tune, and the bassani axle-back exhaust... i think it sounded pretty sweet... this run made 518hp to the wheels

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wow! sounds amazing!
thank you:)

I dont wanna thread jack, but this is my old setup... just a pulley, intake,tune, and the bassani axle-back exhaust... i think it sounded pretty sweet... this run made 518hp to the wheels

not thread jacking at all, welcome to all who want to show theirs off also lol. what companies did you use?

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
that is such a mean sound! how much do your neighbours hate it when you pull out of the driveway in the morning with that thing :)

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
sqbullet, that thing should set off some car alarms.
Not to jack the thread again, but you might like this dyno run I took; oddly, it's not quite as loud in the video, as your Mustang but I pulled a best of 355 rwhp and 385 ft-lbs. out of a fresh 347cid.

YouTube - FFR Baseline Dyno #2

·
Registered
508 Posts
I valeted one of those back in 2008. It had a complete SLP Loudmouth exhaust, and I have heard very few exhaust notes that sound better.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
thats insane. how much would a new pulley cost and how much hp could it add? heard it can do wonders basically
Well you need to do a tuner @ the same time, Check out Lethal Performance, if you have questions, call in and ask for Jared or Christy. I'm friends with both of them. Jared is the owner, and they can get you bottom line price on anything u want.

Just tell them you know Pat who used to work @ UPR. Let me know if you have any more questions.

I valeted one of those back in 2008. It had a complete SLP Loudmouth exhaust, and I have heard very few exhaust notes that sound better.

I absolutely love SLP, had it on 2 of my personal cars, hands down best sound and most aggressive sound.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well to answer you all...
that is such a mean sound! how much do your neighbours hate it when you pull out of the driveway in the morning with that thing :)
my old next door neighbor used to be a huge classic car guy and his daily driver was a pantera with straight pipes which was even louder than this so my neighbors are used to it at this point:)

sqbullet, that thing should set off some car alarms.
Not to jack the thread again, but you might like this dyno run I took; oddly, it's not quite as loud in the video, as your Mustang but I pulled a best of 355 rwhp and 385 ft-lbs. out of a fresh 347cid.

YouTube - FFR Baseline Dyno #2
dont worry, your not thread jacking either, everythings welcome haha. but that thing sounded awesome. is it an original or a replica? i was watching Chasing Classic Cars last night on discovery HD and he was helping this guy sell an original 427 S/C and it was supposed to go for in between 1.3-1.5 million and i thought that was pretty cool haha.

Well you need to do a tuner @ the same time, Check out Lethal Performance, if you have questions, call in and ask for Jared or Christy. I'm friends with both of them. Jared is the owner, and they can get you bottom line price on anything u want.

Just tell them you know Pat who used to work @ UPR. Let me know if you have any more questions.

I absolutely love SLP, had it on 2 of my personal cars, hands down best sound and most aggressive sound.
And last but not least, thank you very much for the hook up kind sir, idk if im going to do anything with it right now, probably just keep it stock for now, but keep giving me good ideas so when the times right i know what to do. right now i want cold air for sure, maybe new pulleys and like you said tuner, maybe ecu flash or new chip or something. and thats it for now, i like sleepers and dont like doing cosmetics so probably lowering would be good, but no wheels or anything, idc about that

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
^^^ Hey Man, no prob @ all. helping out a fellow member.

I'm on my 4th consecutive stang. They are a lot of fun.

I'm getting rid of my current one when i graduate in april from UTI/BMW, and getting into an AMG.

Just remember, the computers are very sensitive to mods, when doing a pulley or a cold air, you must use a handheld tuner to reprogram. You can do serious engine damage if you dont.

i like the subtle (sp) look, "stock"

Def do the springs- get rid of the 4x4 look.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts