Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Brand new to the forums, this is my weekend toy, and child hood dream. 1993 super red & black Toyota MR2 Turbo. It's about as much fun as I can entertain until I complete my MBA. However that's not to say it will impede the lifestyle I strive to achieve before truly making it.:D

I was sponsored to enter the Dustball 1000 in 2008, it was a real treat to run with the high rollers and a great opportunity to test my car's capabilities against others in the real world. While it's not Scuderia, I enjoy the challenge to power through with bravery to keep pace with the front runners.

Modification wise my MR2 has a JDM Gen2 3S-GTE shortblock & E153 LSD trans, installed by Chico Race Works of Sacramento. 50 trim CT26 twin scroll turbo, GReddy 3 row intercooler & SP exhaust, and other engine bolt on pieces. Tein suspension, Panasport G7 3pc forged wheels, Rotora / Axxis brakes, and some minor "JDM" cosmetic enhancement. The car is currently under going cosmetic work with new paint, new coilover suspension, and additional work to the interior. I'm taking my time so that all the right components are going in and not to make any compromises. The progress will move as quickly as finances permit, not being funded at all by my parents can make it a little challenging between college and other hobbies. My other car I doubt few would be interested in, just a Nissan Maxima SE manual to do the daily grind.

Cheers.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Looks like a blast to drive. Believe me, I know how hard it can be to buy everything on your own but I think you appreciate things more. Im almost done with my BA then I need to find a real job to make real money lol

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I used to have a hard on for those cars back in the day.
How much power is your car making with that ct26 twin scroll?

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
welcome.......ATX style!! :bow1:

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
Beautiful Deuce, amazing how much better '94 tails look compared to '91-93. I love MR2s, I've owned four '91 Turbos haha!
:lol:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome! I've always liked Mister-Twos, that's a lovely clean car you've got (moreso without the stickers).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Appreciate the comments, thanks. I can update this thread in the future as it comes further along :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts