Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It has been at the house for a month, but I went home to visit for Thanksgiving. They replaced all of the screws and did a thorough cleaning. They also replaced the bezel, the crystal(had two nicks), and polished the case at my expense. If that wasn't good enough, I had 4 new straps waiting on me for when I got home. I couldn't be happier! Just wanted to express my love for this piece. So subtle, but I love it.:D

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Once again great pic. I too enjoy the simpleness of your Panerai and stick to the simpler faces myself. How much did it cost to repair it? How long did it take to get back from repair?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Once again great pic. I too enjoy the simpleness of your Panerai and stick to the simpler faces myself. How much did it cost to repair it? How long did it take to get back from repair?
I believe it took 2 months from the time they received it. I honestly can't remember how much it costs for each individual item. I'm wanting to say I paid $530(again, not 100% sure, don't have the invoice on me). I purchased this watch on L4P. It was actually the only reason I signed up for the forum. I didn't even know about it until someone showed me that thread.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
I believe it took 2 months from the time they received it. I honestly can't remember how much it costs for each individual item. I'm wanting to say I paid $530(again, not 100% sure, don't have the invoice on me). I purchased this watch on L4P. It was actually the only reason I signed up for the forum. I didn't even know about it until someone showed me that thread.
Not as bad as I would've thought. It really does look brand new and that band... so nice.

·
Registered
234 Posts
What are service intervals like on Panerais? Is this standard on the higher end stuff? What's usually involved with the service?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks, everybody. I got the strap from 'H Bomb'. I'll throw the brown one on it and post a picture next time.

What are service intervals like on Panerais? Is this standard on the higher end stuff? What's usually involved with the service?
It's usually 5 years, I believe. Mine is a J series, but had a few problems. Nothing major, but need a good cleaning and a few things replaced. The warranty is good for two years. However, there is a 6 month grace period after it expires, depending on the severity of the servicing needed.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Super clean! The simplicity of the 112 is underrated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
congrats on the "new" watch :clap: i was wondering if you could share where you had it serviced? i purchased a 111O earlier this month and want to make sure i do all the research in case something happens and i need to send it in. i've read some pretty bad stories about the richemont service center in texas. thanks!

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Is it just me, or is the Panerai 112 just a parody of an Invicta? Its like a shitty subtle and dull display of haute horology.

In my mind, a real watch has to be extremely loud, large, and has to steal design cues from other watch companies. The Panerai is somewhat large, but due to its lack of tastelessness, it doesn't make you stand out from the crowd. The Panerai 112 is the ultimate douche-bag of a watch.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Is it just me, or is the Panerai 112 just a parody of an Invicta? Its like a shitty subtle and dull display of haute horology.

In my mind, a real watch has to be extremely loud, large, and has to steal design cues from other watch companies. The Panerai is somewhat large, but due to its lack of tastelessness, it doesn't make you stand out from the crowd. The Panerai 112 is the ultimate douche-bag of a watch.
Might be just you. You feeling OK?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts