Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
I received a Tiffany and Co T57 quartz movement as a gift - $3,000 - quartz! if only I could retrade, but the value isn't there for that movement. it was a gift so i can appreciate it.

wouldn't buy quartz otherwise seeing the resale market.

What's wrong with quartz movement?? I don't understand the difference in all these different movements, so can someone school me on them?

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the point in buying a watch and worrying about its resale value.

·
Banned
4,072 Posts
What's wrong with quartz movement?? I don't understand the difference in all these different movements, so can someone school me on them?

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the point in buying a watch and worrying about its resale value.

Quartz is the easy way out. All it takes is a battery and it runs. Automatic takes alot more time and work for them to be made, and thus get a much higher respect. You also get sweeping hands with Autos.

Another thing that separates autos is that most higher end watch manufactures have their own in house auto and not an ETA. This shows IMO dedication and sure brilliance. Like I said, anyone can attach a battery to a movement and have it tick.

however, If you like what you received then that is all that matters.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts