Luxury4Play.com banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Just had a minor service at 12/2/14. Land Rover's Maintenance Program covered the bill, and John my new service writer was kind enough to float the bill for a rebalancing of all wheels.

Just about at 47,900mi and the heated steering wheel seems to be losing strength after about 10 minutes clicked on (comes on strong, then goes lukewarm). Anyone else have this happen?

·
Registered
789 Posts
Just had a minor service at 12/2/14. Land Rover's Maintenance Program covered the bill, and John my new service writer was kind enough to float the bill for a rebalancing of all wheels.

Just about at 47,900mi and the heated steering wheel seems to be losing strength after about 10 minutes clicked on (comes on strong, then goes lukewarm). Anyone else have this happen?
I noticed ours just stays lukewarm all the time. Not sure if it's how all range rovers are though. Have you had any experience with BMW? Those wheels get HOT. If those were rated a 10 from 1-10 I'd give the Range a 4-5

·
Registered
119 Posts
Sketch

On my 2012 L322 the steering wheel does this too, it is normal, simply click again when you want more, it is the automatic stop.

I will check, but on my 2002 G4 Challenge L322 I do not think it stops that quick. Leather is quite different too (much thicker on earlier models) and the fact the 2012's have wood pieces on the steering wheel may lead the LR techs to limit the heating element from keeping on undefinitely.

An a side note, could you please post (or send me pics) of your L322 (3/4 Front and/or side view) as I really fancy your wheels and would like to see what they look in broad daylight on tarmac.

Thanks

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I noticed ours just stays lukewarm all the time. Not sure if it's how all range rovers are though. Have you had any experience with BMW? Those wheels get HOT. If those were rated a 10 from 1-10 I'd give the Range a 4-5
Interesting, thanks for chiming in. My parents have had X5s, 7s, etc but I never played with the heated steering wheels on them (like your experience, I've heard they can get pretty warm). Last winter I used the heating feature a bit, & I don't recall it being as lukewarm as it is now.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Sketch

On my 2012 L322 the steering wheel does this too, it is normal, simply click again when you want more, it is the automatic stop.

I will check, but on my 2002 G4 Challenge L322 I do not think it stops that quick. Leather is quite different too (much thicker on earlier models) and the fact the 2012's have wood pieces on the steering wheel may lead the LR techs to limit the heating element from keeping on undefinitely.

An a side note, could you please post (or send me pics) of your L322 (3/4 Front and/or side view) as I really fancy your wheels and would like to see what they look in broad daylight on tarmac.

Thanks
I'll get some pics for you of the wheels, I agree they are pretty great looking. :) They've grown on me more and more, especially since I don't see them often (and if I do, they are always the machine turned alloy, not chrome).

Post some photos of your G4 RR! I have never seen one in the states.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi Sketch,

Thanks in advance.

It is funny you mention you never saw a G4 Challenge L322 in the States (there are only 8 of them in the states after all!) as when we were ment to meet up at LRLV in October, I had arrange for one of the 8 owners to come meet us for the day ! He came from California (OC)! I can send you pics via email but can not post them here as he is not a member.

PM you email address and I will send pics of both G4s.

Anyone else interested about G4 Challenge vehicles, just le me know.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi Sketch, How was the Mojave trip in the white beauty? Do you wish to post a few pics?

Tx

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Hi Sketch, How was the Mojave trip in the white beauty? Do you wish to post a few pics?

Tx
I'll get a few pics up later this week my friend.

The L4P group will definitely enjoy these stunning shots by my friend and phenomenal photographer Ryan Weber in California. He's a master behind the lens. More to come!

Bradley

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Bradley, do you have more pics you can post of the Range? Stumbled across this forum/thread searching for examples of the particular paint.

I just picked one up and waiting anxiously to see this paint in person (hopefull) mid next week.

Thanks!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Fantastic Rangie.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Hey Bradley, do you have more pics you can post of the Range? Stumbled across this forum/thread searching for examples of the particular paint.

I just picked one up and waiting anxiously to see this paint in person (hopefull) mid next week.

Thanks!
Hey mate, everything I really have is already uploaded, this forum makes adding photos such a PIA. :( I'm sure there are more examples of the paint that can be found with a Google search. This color is worth all the money I must say.

Fantastic Rangie.
Thanks buddy, sent you a PM last month, Range Rover has been sold. :D

61 - 71 of 71 Posts