Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been about 8 months since I've had a "fast" car, that car was my previous T1 GTR, it's my screen name and a Google search away if you care to look. During that downtime of not having a "fast" car, I sat down and made a list of what I really wanted out of cars, and to my surprise having a car that was competitive again at TX2K and TI was a big deal to me, up until then I really thought I could get away with just having a sexy as hell decently quick car. After going through my criteria a TT Gallardo pretty much answered everything I wanted; 1500whp+ capable, AWD, decent CI, lighter weight, 6 speed, exotic appeal.

After that came shop selection, Underground Racing is obviously top of mind for obvious reasons. However, although Kevin and I had talked back and forth on a few different ideas from my old 05 G, to the FGT, building the Aventador, I wanted to do my homework. It boiled down to 3 shops, Heffner, D P, and UGR, and ultimately between DP and UGR. It was a tough call for me as Dallas was closer to where I am (Oklahoma), and I hadn't heard a bad word from anybody on them, all positive. Then obviously Underground Racing, they seem to have everything going for them, the obvious reputation, the cars flat out perform and are consistently proven as I have witnessed first hand at a few events, and Kevin has ALWAYS been a few minutes away via text or email and I wasn't a customer. Obvious choice, but then I wanted to check the references and see if I could validate any of the conspiracies that people seemed to throw about (none of which really even had a TTG or a Lambo now that i think about it). So I talked to/annoyed SW, Stacy, Peter, Mullet, and a few other UGR customers to get the scoop from an owners perspective, all of which (except for SW) I feel like I know relatively well and would be up front with me. Each one of them all gave legitimate raving reviews and have all had UGR TT'G's making over 1500whp. That along with the track record of them rolling out, and myself actually racing some of their big power cars and knowing first hand that they put out was enough for me to make that choice.

So as of this week I now own a Balloon White LP560 6 speed and as of Wednesday the car is at UGR and is getting a complete and pretty much all options 2R build, it'll be at both TX2K and TI and it will not be sitting still just looking pretty. Along with the build, the car is getting some 19" front, and 18" rear ADV05's in Track Spec with some Mickey Thompson's on the back, R888's up front, an OEM SL wing, and lowered a bit. The car should be 100% done once I get it for TX2K.

I got this picture from Kevin Wednesday when it arrived, will get more pics soon.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
How competitive IS Tx2k?? Is it basically "If you dont have at least 1000 rwhp dont even bother racing"? Seems like that. Never been. I went to FL2k which i think should've been renamed to GTR-Fest2k. All the cars ran about 9 seconds/

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Reza, this will be an amazing build. Just curious though, what happened to TTing the Aventador? (Personally I'd rather have a TTG anyway)

But it's going to be sick when finished. UGR always knocks it out of the park.

Is it basically "If you dont have at least 1000whp dont even bother racing"?
It's like that.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reza, this will be an amazing build. Just curious though, what happened to TTing the Aventador? (Personally I'd rather have a TTG anyway)

But it's going to be sick when finished. UGR always knocks it out of the park.

It's like that.
I couldn't really justify $650-700k in one car really, I'm not too old so I think there is plenty of time for that later. Also, it wouldn't be competitive, R is as far as the Aventador's go right now, and I'd rather have the potential of winning.

Awesome build!!! Time to update that sig!

What is CI?
Cubic Inch / Displacement.

Ahhhh shiet bro. Gonna be some Balloon White Gallardo's running around with 2R's! Hahaha

Massive Congrats are in order!
Thanks bro, can't wait!

oh please don't ruin the car with adv's!
When you pay for it, you can pick the wheels :).

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought ADV05 look great on Lambos. Why not 19/20 or 20/21?
Staggered that way doesn't look good IMO. 19 fronts and 18 rears for traction.

Reactions: Mr. Carter

·
Registered
159 Posts
Youd think that after reading countless(it seems like) threads about people sending Lambos to UGR for a treatment, that it would get old...and youd be wrong.

In for the results of this one.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Congrats man. I have seen all your previous cars/projects and I know this one wont disappoint :)

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
congrats!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
More, motor is completely out and going to Proline today:

·
Registered
976 Posts
It's been about 8 months since I've had a "fast" car
You have an A Vent A Door, R8 v10 & GT-R I know speed is relative, but that first part of your paragraph had me scratching my head lol.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts