Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently moved from Miami (fast paced beautiful people city) to Sarasota (slow boring town full of old old old old people) and now that its winter and all the old people are migrating into this town its getting pretty dangerous to drive. Heaven help an old person that hits and of my exotics, I dont have a calm and cool demeanor and it was pretty apparent I needed a car that I wouldn't mind getting rear-ended.

I saw an FJ cruiser parked next to my GTR a week or so ago and thought DAMMMMM I love those cars, always have! Looked them up and there were not to costly and I decided I was going to get one. Well I searched and found this beast. I told my GF about it and she said HELL NO after looking at the photos which only made me want it more. I introduce to you the car that was supposed to be a regular to and from work car This car was supposed to be something to blend in since all of me other cars stick out like sore thumbs. This car was going to be safe and has now been dubbed #oldpeoplekiller

I am going to wrap it (not sure what color) and paint all the Red Accents (not sure what color) I am going to look into lowering it because apparently it does not like to do over 50 without shaking like crazy. Its a 10 Inch lift sits 8ft+ tall and I am only 5"8 so I dont even know how im going to get into it.

AQ_800.jpg

ig_800.jpg

MQ_800.jpg

GA_800.jpg

MQ_800.jpg

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
17 inch wheel 37 inch tires. Taken from where I bought it........

Apparently the suspension setup is pretty serious on this thing. I just bought it because I think it looks bad ass..... Doubt it will ever see mud or rocks while I own it. Most action it will get is running over curbs when I dont want to wait.

- 10” Suspension Lift

- Front and Rear Dana 60 Solid Axle Conversion

- Custom Fabricated to Accept Front Dana 60

- Steel Bumpers Front and Rear

- 37x12.5x17 Mud Terrain T/A Tires

- 17” Wheels

- 8-Lug Conversion

- Rock Sliders

- 4-Link Setup

- Hella Daylighters

- Eaton Locking Differential

- Manual Locking Hubs

- Roof Rack

- Fog Lights

- Offroad Sway Bars
Tire size? Looks like it's skimping a little in the meat department

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
168 Posts
there is some serious money tied up into that thing, especially the solid axle swap.. Sounds like buddy that built it took a bath selling it!

Congrats

·
Registered
281 Posts
Looks like a beast, but personally I would bring it down 3 or 4 inches if staying with 37" tyres.
Love the suspension conversion, no longer the average FJ softroader.

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It drives like SHIT! Its all over the road left right left right its almost impossible to drive on a regular road. Going to take it in and see if something can be done to make it daily drivable........ My first time driving it today!

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
That's an awesome looking truck. Seeing it with straight axles makes me think that's the way it should have been built from the factory.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Sick Fj, I had a Fj cruiser about 2 years ago. Loved that thing, i'll eventually get another one.

Lowering it would make it look 10x's better unless you plan on taking it off road and through 10' of water. lol

·
Registered
168 Posts
Looks like a beast, but personally I would bring it down 3 or 4 inches if staying with 37" tyres.
Love the suspension conversion, no longer the average FJ softroader.
Wont happen. If you look at the front suspension pic, look how short the coil is already. To package all of the steering, panhard bar, etc it has to sit at a certain height. Just like when doing a solid axle conversion on a duramax truck, minimum lift is 8" to keep everything happy.

If its all over the road, it probably needs more caster in the front diff, reduces the shopping cart affect and will help track better. Don't put wider tires on it, will only make it dart around worse. Id look into a different pavement pounder tire.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Its not an 8 lug conversion, that's what dana 60's come as. I'd look into hydraulic steering(not sure the laws in FL). PSC makes a solid ram.

·
Registered
513 Posts
And to think, you could have purchased my Brabus for half that, and wouldn't have to do a single thing to it. :p

I kid, have fun with your new toy, once you figure out how to keep it on the road. :)

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
Good lord what is this world coming to? Jason A moves to a retirement community, has a steady girl friend and drives a FJ. I am done.

Reactions: sickpuppy

·
Registered
479 Posts
Nice I will have a look for it as I am heading down in a week!

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The retirement community is correct....Steady GF is correct but she is far from a normal GF as you know and the FJ well that was a giant lapse of judgement. I ended up buying another GTR over the weekend so I am going to wrap last years Gold Rush GTR pink for heather. Dont think anything can beat a chick driving a 1k hp pink GTR.

Good lord what is this world coming to? Jason A moves to a retirement community, has a steady girl friend and drives a FJ. I am done.

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What? your brabus was 20k+ this stupid thing cost me 20k

And to think, you could have purchased my Brabus for half that, and wouldn't have to do a single thing to it. :p

I kid, have fun with your new toy, once you figure out how to keep it on the road. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts