Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching for an everyday watch for sometime now. After getting burnt on the Olivier watch scam like many of you on the forum did I put off getting a new watch for quite some time. I was looking for a dive watch that I could wear everyday and not be too concerned if it took some dings, due to my line of work. I looked at Omega, and Helson (came close to purchasing a few of their watches but was discouraged by their website). Finally I stumbled on Marathon. I did quite a bit of research and really appreciated their ties to their story and ties to the various sections of the Military. I really liked the look of the watches from the pictures online and figured I would give them a shot.

I have had the watch for a week now and so far, I am very pleased. As soon as I took it out of the plain military style box (picture below) I was impressed by the feel of the watch. You can tell it was built for a purpose, a heavily machined bezel and oversized crown all to be used with ease when wearing gloves while diving. I really enjoy the how "normal" the watch looks, which was exactly what I was looking for in an everyday watch. I didn't want it to be flashy, I just wanted a durable and reliable watch that looks good in various applications. I think the Marathon TSAR (Search and Rescue) does the trick.

I haven't seen any posts about Marathon on the forum yet, so I am looking forward to the feedback on it.

IMG_2644.JPG
IMG_2645.JPG
IMG_2641.jpg
IMG_2640.JPG

·
3,114 Posts
Looks great to me! So you never got your Olivier watch? I actually got mine a long time ago and sold it. And as for Helson, I can say that they are really solid watches as well. I had the Shark Diver Bronze for a while and loved it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never got my Olivier watch. I preordered one from the 2nd batch, sent numerous emails and never heard anything back. I looked into the bronze shark divers as well. So far I am very pleased with my Marathon, they are worth checking out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts