Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! as some of you may know I recently moved to northern alberta for a new job in the oilfield, despite being maybe a wee bit premature, I decided that with winter coming, and my fiance beginning to drive, It was time for an upgrade. the old BMW just wasn't gonna cut it anymore! so I Just wanted to share with you guys my new vehicle!

Picked up a 2015 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Sahara with almost all the bells and whistles, I got a great deal from Lucas at Nor-Lan chrysler In GP and he was great to work with!

anyways! heres It is!
jeep5.jpg
jeep6.jpg
jeep4.jpg
jeep2.jpg
jeep3.jpg
Jeep1.jpg

This is my first brand new vehicle and I couldn't be happier!

Cheers!
Murday

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Congrats bud! It's going to be great for the harsh winter ahead lol... Got to experience a storm in Edmonton last winter, boy the roads are paved differently than in Montreal lol.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
from what i've been told to expect, the weather isn't much different than home. other than its a lot longer and the government cant keep up with the plowing! so the roads are terrible haha!
glad we got heated seats!!!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Congratulations man!
Got any mod plans? I love Jeeps, and I'd mod the HELL out of a JKU.
I was looking to get one, but if I did the mods I was interested in, it would have been an awful daily driver lol.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
right now we are just gonna enjoy it as it sits! I am going to try and withhold from spending too much over the new few years as I save my pennies to chase my entrepreneurial goals! and her to go back to school for law, well see If I can hold true to this!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Inherent problem with that is the piping hot brass bath the occupants are going to take as soon as you start ripping off 6000 rounds a minute in an open top vehicle. :lol:

I dig the JK, man. Nice purchase, and loaded indeed. Jeeps have come so far.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Inherent problem with that is the piping hot brass bath the occupants are going to take as soon as you start ripping off 6000 rounds a minute in an open top vehicle. :lol:

I dig the JK, man. Nice purchase, and loaded indeed. Jeeps have come so far.
Well, then I guess I'll be the only occupant!
Less dead weight to carry around, too.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks guys, and yeah we were very pleasantly surprised, the interior finishes of this vehicle are that of much higher caliber vehicle and it feels almost luxurious on the inside! and the white exterior adds to it a bit I think.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Nice car, Would love to have one as a daily :) Going to do any rust protection for the underbody? Here in Sweden I always do that on my cars at least once since they just love to throw out salt on the roads when its icy.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah in my experience, (I used to sell Jeeps) jeeps have an issue with rusting at the door hinges especially. I am not sure if there are any fixes for this but I will for sure be looking into it, also I will be spraying the underside as well. fortunately, I am far enough north / west that they use dirt to take care of the roads, because all the animals wander into the middle of the road and cause accidents trying to lick the salt lol!

so hopefully that will help haha but I am looking into getting something done before winter really hits here.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Get a lift kit and off road tires and it will look so mean.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Congrats on the Jeep! Should do just fine in the Alberta winters, although it seems to be everyone around here with the lifted trucks that are too confident and always in the ditch. What job scope are you into in the oilfield? I'm from Red Deer.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Congrats on the Jeep! Should do just fine in the Alberta winters, although it seems to be everyone around here with the lifted trucks that are too confident and always in the ditch. What job scope are you into in the oilfield? I'm from Red Deer.
Yeah! haha with great power comes great responsibility right? in this case, great capability! lol
I'm a Frac operator and yourself?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts