Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I copped a brand new 2014 WHITE on red GTR about a week and a half ago. Totally forgot to post it up for you guys...

It's a blast and the modding bug has already bitten me! So order a carbon fiber wing and tinted it thus far. Plan on an exhaust although, I am still on the fence on which direction I want to go along with some other minor cosmetic mods.

Hope you guys enjoy the few iphone pics I have so far! Already put 950 miles on it! :D

IMG_2539.jpg IMG_2642.jpg IMG_2635.jpg IMG_2630.jpg IMG_2608.jpg IMG_2588.jpg IMG_2575.jpg IMG_2572.jpg IMG_2552.jpg IMG_2550.jpg IMG_2541.jpg IMG_2688.jpg

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Love the combo. White on Amber!

Enjoy it buddy. Its a really fun car
Thanks liquid! Was looking at a few r8's but dealers treated me very poorly. Guess my age and my dress code doesn't fit their bill!

Oh well, the next day, drove the 80 miles and picked this bad boy up! I love your G man, one of my favorite cars. Hopefully in a year, a lambo will be next! How do you like your Alpha kit on the GTR? having fun with it?

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
My top three high performance cars (affordable in my lifetime) would be choice of:

R8 V8 (V10 is like $40k more, even comparing used)
GTR 2012+
2015 NSX...just on its looks alone! Hopefully it doesn't exceed 911 non-turbo pricing territory.

Good buy there buddy.

So has it been more of a sausage or pussy magnet thus far? :D

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My top three high performance cars (affordable in my lifetime) would be choice of:

R8 V8 (V10 is like $40k more, even comparing used)
GTR 2012+
2015 NSX...just on its looks alone! Hopefully it doesn't exceed 911 non-turbo pricing territory.

Good buy there buddy.

So has it been more of a sausage or pussy magnet thus far? :D
The r8 is a great well rounded car! The v8 is underpowered though imo. The v10 is sick but hey, the car wasn't meant to be!

The new NSX does look pretty promising! The GTR's have really come far. The interior is shit tons better than the one on the '09's

It has been a mix of both! Guys literally drool over it. Most girls who know cars love it and get looks from them. Overall the attention was more than I could handle from a DD. So I went ahead and got 15% tints. I love it besides the few mechanical quirks like the rattling transmission etc. I plan on keeping it for a year and selling. I drive 20-25k miles a year!
I really appreciate it brother!

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
I agree with V8 being under powered. I sat shot gun in the V10 then the V8 and the lack of torque is very noticeable. Sure it has the RS4 engine but prices of V8s have not been retaining as well I think.
The fact Audi doesn't include navigation, leather, and B&O as standard in V8 (but standard in V10) is asinine imo.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Congrats! The interior looks better than I thought.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Looks awesome, congrats :D

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
congrats
love the interior

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Congrats! Nice color combo.

You used to have a X6 right?
Yes sir!! Had a z4 which i traded in for an x6.... Well that lasted like 6 months (13k miles ahaha)

Thanks everyone! Im loving it thus far!!

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
White GTR is always right. Drop by the shop one of these days and we'll give you some modding ideas. :whistle:

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Thanks liquid! Was looking at a few r8's but dealers treated me very poorly. Guess my age and my dress code doesn't fit their bill!

Oh well, the next day, drove the 80 miles and picked this bad boy up! I love your G man, one of my favorite cars. Hopefully in a year, a lambo will be next! How do you like your Alpha kit on the GTR? having fun with it?
I drove a 2012 R8 Spyder last week. Very disappointed. Transmission shifted very slowly and poorly and when I pressed the gas pedal, I waited for something that didn't happen...

Thanks for the compliments buddy. The GTR was soo fun for the first month, launching it left, right and center. But I had to upgrade to all bolt ons, and its a completely different beast. Spent about 10k at AMS, worth every penny!

Take your time with it but its good to know that there is always a possibility for more power from this awesome platform.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
No wonder an Audi R8 compared to a 2012 Nissan GTR with an Alpha tune seemed slow. Really can't compare the two in performance aspects.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts