Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The day has finally arrived, and my much-awaited 2011 RRS S/C in Santorini Black/Tan is here :D. This thing is amazing - the power difference between the '11 and our '08 S/C is mind-blowing, and the transmission feels smoother. Clearly the interior is a lot nicer, and I love the small details like unlocking the door by touching the handle.

As for options, I went with Adaptive Cruise Control and the Vision Assist Package. There are plenty of mods to come too (22" Overfinch Monoblok 5-spokes, Overfinch black lacquer wood shift knob, and Autobiography side vents ordered already), so I'll keep the thread updated with pics of course. Anyways, here are a few quick shots I snapped in the garage...

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! The interior is stunning in person but hard to photograph. I had Cinnamon leather in my E46 M3 though, so I knew what I was getting (our '08 SC is a boring combo of white and ivory interior).

I would love y'all's opinions though - I would've gotten the Autobiography but for the awful (just my opinion) two-tone seats. That said, I love the black/tan steering wheel from the Autobiography and can get one through RoverActive. Should I do it?

·
Extra Mustard
16,977 Posts
mine will be here in the next 3-5 weeks i have the exact same interior... LOVE IT !!!

looks badass !!!!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mine will be here in the next 3-5 weeks i have the exact same interior... LOVE IT !!!

looks badass !!!!
Congrats dude the interior is utterly amazing in person! The RRS will be a great addition to your collection :clap: - I like what you've done to other rides, so I'd love to hear any planned mods.

·
Extra Mustard
16,977 Posts
Congrats dude the interior is utterly amazing in person! The RRS will be a great addition to your collection :clap: - I like what you've done to other rides, so I'd love to hear any planned mods.
i ordered mine with the Sport GT package (body Kit)
gonna do
-custom Exhaust by TT Competizioni
-from Wheels Boutique: 22" HRE wrapped in BFG's and F and R Brembo's custom Powdered

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i ordered mine with the Sport GT package (body Kit)
gonna do
-custom Exhaust by TT Competizioni
-from Wheels Boutique: 22" HRE wrapped in BFG's and F and R Brembo's custom Powdered
That'll be awesome! I think I'm going to keep the exhaust stock, as I do a decent amount of interstate travel and exhaust drone gets annoying. I haven't decided what to do with the rear end, but I think I'll end up with the Startech rear. It's a lot cleaner looking than stock and just replaces the exhaust tips not the whole system.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
congrats on the RR!
Thanks!

Also, I put these LEDs in my license plate lights last night, and they look way better than stock. The light output is perfect, such that there is no excess light thrown to the ground, as with downward facing LEDs. There's also no error messages or flickering, due to the built in resistors.

As a side note, someone needs to be the first (not I) to open the headlights and replace the amber reflector/light with a smoked reflector (or offer a well-made kit to do so). Here's a tester headlight if someone more capable than I wants to develop a kit.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice 2011 RRS S/C

Sounds like custom work, which we are capable of doing amber reflector/light with smoke reflector.
Thanks! PM sent :wink:.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Loving the new car bro. I love your interior color, it just screams elegance. the stock look is perfect the way it is, but the GT package makes it look so much siicker!

I think all u need now is some proper shoes for your baby and your all set! :)

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Loving the new car bro. I love your interior color, it just screams elegance. the stock look is perfect the way it is, but the GT package makes it look so much siicker!

I think all u need now is some proper shoes for your baby and your all set! :)
Thanks! Don't worry I'm going to keep it as clean looking as possible (while improving upon a few areas :wink:). I love the front splitter on the GT package but prefer the overall look of the stock bumper better - eventually I'm going to purchase just the splitter and have it custom molded to the stock bumper (should turn out looking even cleaner than the GT). There will be plenty of pics along the way, including somewhere better than my garage...

The Overfinch wheels arrive next Tuesday according to tracking info, and the Overfinch shift knob and Autobiography side vents should arrive next week as well. I'm hoping to get the wheels put on that Friday (in an awesome move, my LR dealership said they'd do it for free, since the wheels come with tires mounted and balanced and with TPMS sensors already in)... Also, I'm taking it to get tinted next Thursday (20% or 15% on the sides and 35% on the windshield).

1 - 20 of 54 Posts