Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 40 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Looks good!

Looks so weird seeing romex, and carlon boxes though!

Are you going to put in an ipod dock, or any audio?

I get a lot of requests for that
I actually dont even own an ipod. Lol. No audio or anything of the sort. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
wow, that's a lot of work. i've always wanted to buy a fixer upper and do something like this.

how much construction experience do you guys have ??

-dave

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
wow, that's a lot of work. i've always wanted to buy a fixer upper and do something like this.

how much construction experience do you guys have ??

-dave
I have absolutely no experience. My boyfriend had a job installing windows and doors for a bit when he was younger. But that's really it. :lol: we are both pretty handy, so we kinda figure it out as we go.... And we are both DIY network addicts, so that has actually been extremely helpful. :)

·
I am L4P.
21,656 Posts
The DIY network is dangerous. Every time we watch it we end up spending money. :lol:

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
And they make everything look so quick and easy on tv. :lol:

·
Registered
499 Posts
Girly in yoga pants.... my life is now complete.
Gotta hand it to you, I'm surprised you didn't ask why she left the kitchen....

Love the pictures, and this thread. I have experience doing this kind of stuff, and love doing it, keep posting up.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
See donblackie's comment, I was making a joke about how inexpensive the home was.
I sometimes have a hard time picking out subtle jokes if there are no smiley faces, etc :). Hard to portray a tone of voice, etc.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Gotta hand it to you, I'm surprised you didn't ask why she left the kitchen....

Love the pictures, and this thread. I have experience doing this kind of stuff, and love doing it, keep posting up.
I will have some more updates and pictures this weekend. Too much going on at work, not enough time spent at home.

It has just been drywall, spackle, sand, some more spackle, more sanding, by the end of the day, i feel like a powdered donut. :lol:

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
wow, lots of great work going on. it's a lot more than what most are willing to tackle. good for you. i bet it feels really great knowing you did it!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Reminds me I have 2 of those to renovate... Thanks for the financial nightmare :thumbsup:

Looks Great so far! GLW the rest!

·
I am L4P.
21,656 Posts
And they make everything look so quick and easy on tv. :lol:
Yep! They cut out the cursing, the throwing, slamming, kicking and punching of materials, tools and/or people. You and I both know projects never go as smooth as they do on TV!

Not to mention, you buy about twice as much ish at the store than you ever plan for, because someone at the store knows their stuff, and advises you to do it.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
Well, progress is slow, kinda bummed. I was REALLY hoping to have it finished by now. We have a small leak at the vent pipe above the bathroom, and our neighbor who is a contractor was supposed to go up and fix that, as well as re-route the vent exhaust out the roof, rather than the soffit, since it was getting kinked. He hasn't gotten around to it yet, and we don't want to start laying the floor and finish the drywall in the corner before he can get the roof issue fixed... so, we may just climb up there and try sealing it ourselves since we really can not wait any longer... I NEED A FLOOR!!!! :lol:

Anyway, we have the light fixtures in, most of the painting done (except behind the toilet area where we need to finish the drywall where the leak is), mirrors, etc. Switches and outlets are in, it's getting there :) We need to get a compound miter saw (??) so we can do the crown moulding, and I need to finish picking out exactly what style/size moulding I want.

So, here's a few pictures of what it looks like as of last night :)

We opted for a slightly darker color on the ceiling... it really makes it feel cozy :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
I know what your going through. I just bought a $200,000 house that was completly out-date, and am in the process of gutting and renovating

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
It's great finally seeing it come together, but DAMN does everything leading up to it SUCK :lol:

We hate our lives SO much, we were about 20 minutes from submitting an offer on an investment property that popped up last week... hot water radiators exploded all over the house (not winterized), and destroyed all of the floors, a leaky roof in one section, and just really outdated (late 70's, 80's shitty decor)... it needs a complete gut down to the joists. :lol: But, we decided we had enough on our plate with this house right now.... Although I know I'm going to kick my own ass for not buying the investment property.... it's listed for sale at $14,900 :laugh: 2100sq/ft.... :eek:hwell:

21 - 40 of 98 Posts