Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Long time reader of L4P. Thought it was about time I joined and showed off my project.

Imported this car back in 2012, completely stock except exhaust with just under 75,000KM.

Here it is at the port in Japan:

Made it safe and sound to Canada:

Cleaned up:

Started having some fun...new wheels, suspension, intakes, rear CF diffuser, and exhaust:

Quick shot at the gas station:

Having fun with some friends...

Then I moved to Germany for business school and the car just sat around collecting dust.

Since I came home a little while ago, I got the 100,000KM maintenance done and added a few goodies including:

• Single plate clutch
  • Standalone ECU (Apexi)
  • Audi RS4 Ignition system
  • Sealed underbody

Also a dyno tune where the car managed to make 351whp on a dyno dynamics, roughly 440bhp at the motor.
Here is the 200 km/h pull on the dyno,

[video]http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/a7fa8d56638b11e3a2a612750ba5e5d1_101.mp4[/video]

And how it sat before it went into storage. Going to add a few more bits before track season starts including brakes, oil cooler, new arms, HICAS delete, and some other general track prep.

I will try to update as the season kicks off and things get exciting! Thanks for reading :)

Thanks
Kunal

Attachments

·
Registered
625 Posts
Congrats ! She's a beauty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I would like to keep the power levels modest (compared to most Skyline GT-R's at least) and focus mainly on suspension as well interior comfort.

This will definitely be a long-term project and a car I aim to keep for life.

·
1,597 Posts
WOW! So cool.

Welcome to L4P! Pleasure to have you on board. Enjoy your stay. =)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Love it Love it love it!! Built for life vs built to get beat on. I would do the same.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Love it, sucks that we can't import those anymore in Quebec. There were so much imported to our province that governement shut the importation down. I'd like to get an R33.

·
Premium Member
21,656 Posts
Would take this over a new GTR any day of the week. I've just always had a special place in my heart for these.

Reactions: DanielGonz

·
Registered
365 Posts
Always wondered in the getting a Supra or Skyline.... Do girls see your Skyline and get excited? do they know what it is?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looks like a sweet project. There are tons of import die hards over in vancouver if you're ever out here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I do a bit of import brokerage here as a side biz helping people source cars direct from Japanese auction. Plenty of well conditioned Skyline's still up for grabs.

To answer your question ign 5, no, they do not. In fact, they get a bit angry with me when they think I'm opening the door for them but really just getting into the drivers side :whistle:

What I like is that my generation skyline is perceived to be the "bastard" of the GT-R family and because of that, most people don't even know what it is. An R32 or R34 GTR seems to be instantly recognizable for most but not the 33 although facts and statistics prove it is actually one of the best in the series. For this reason, when I do get thumbs up and people freaking out or taking pictures, I instantly know they are genuine car enthusiasts who have done research and understand the history.

·
Registered
160 Posts
This is very interesting, can't wait to see where all of this goes in the years to come. Please keep us updated and thanks!

·
Registered
365 Posts
haha! open the door trick! I like that. I think a 32 and 33 are both easy to notice, and it might be a good thing not every 14 year old comes running up to it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts