Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Bravo, sir! Beautiful home! Do you plan on going through with the added idea on the setback? Doesn't look bad as in in the latest pictures but I think it could really set off the corner of the house.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Lookin' good!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Snapped this pic while out in the yard today. We decided to add a deck off the left bay window to break the long run a bit and give better access to that side of the yard where the kids playground is. Also went ahead with the roof over the setback. Outside just needs stone and another coat of paint and it's done. Inside we are still roughing in

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Quick little update...Finally making some progress again. Got some paint on the walls, trim is in, and we decided to put another deck on the back of the addition. Really liking the reclaimed lumber we are using in the garage it's T&G and approx. 120yrs old. Anyways probably my last update till the finished product

·
Registered
790 Posts
Outstanding build. Period. :clap:

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Thank you very much. We've been trying to take our time and make the right decisions instead of how we built the house originally

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
This looks like a great project, the deck on the back of the addition is going to be great. Looking forward to seeing the finished project!

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Thanks we're getting there. Pretty much down to ceramic tile, plumbing fixtures, carpet, and a little more finished paint. It's looking a lot better than even these pictures but I'm going to wait till it's done.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Yeah we are quickly coming up on a year long addition! longer than it took to build the rest of the house. Just got the girls moved into their new rooms last week. We just have to get the floor done in the garage. The glass in for the cigar room and the cabinets in for the closet and some trim and we are done! I can't wait to share it with everyone.

To answer your question Neil there are currently 14 speakers in the house and we added an additional 8. So 22 when all said and done.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Honestly I have no idea. It's through guardians onicon system. I have one receiver that plugs into the wall and plays over the whole house or each room has local source inputs to plug in an iPhone or other music device. Speakers are klipsch. I'm not an audio guru sorry to dissapoint

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
326 Posts
What was the addition in square feet? Did you select one company as GC and run everything through them. i would love to do this at my home but so ignorant to the process

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I'll give you the longer response: I'm actually a general contractor but I do mostly interior build outs of retail stores nationally and internationally. When we first built the house I had a GC do the foundation and all the exterior shell work. I did all the mechanicals and finishes inside. It was a lot less pleasant and cost effective than I anticipated, but heck I was 26 so what did I know. Well this time I used a GC that did my buddies house and does a lot of custom work in the area. He has been really helpful in the process as a lot of this was made up on the fly. He is also doing all the interior work. Only complaint is that it has been way too slow for the amount of work that has been done and we only had a budget in mind, everything else has been Time and material which is super nerve wracking.

To answer your first question the entire addition is a little over 2,000 sq.ft. including the garage space.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts