Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Little late getting this thread started but we started adding a garage/addition on my house. The first floor will be a small 2 car garage with a workout room and smoke room in the bay window in the back. Then upstairs will be 2 additional bedrooms, a jack/jill bathroom and my wife's 2 story closet. Just curious if anyone has any good suggestions criticism. Originally it was going to be larger but due to setbacks we had to take a good chunk of it away and this is what we are left with. Enjoy

original plan upstairs

modified to add the bathroom

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Looks great!!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Wow I thought it was just going to be a simple one garage addition. You added another third to your house to make it practically a mansion! Did a great job too with making it look like it should always have been there.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow I thought it was just going to be a simple one garage addition. You added another third to your house to make it practically a mansion! Did a great job too with making it look like it should always have been there.
Thanks this was one of my biggest concerns and I feel like I did an ok job but the setback issue really made it difficult. I may add a small porch roof on the setback side to try and make it look more intentional. Nice thing is I can park my truck over in the setback and then I don't have to worry about the wifey backing into it anymore

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
couple updates

upstairs closet for the wife's 2 story closet

younger daughters bedroom

her view

older daughters bedroom with bay window

jack/jill bathroom

not much progress on the first floor because we haven't been able to pour the concrete yet because of the deep frost but hopefully things are thawing out now...thanks for stopping by

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks. I always kind of envisioned the addition even right after we finished construction. Would have been nice to do it with the original construction but what can ya do. Really hoping the weather cooperates so I can get some good progress. I'm getting anxious now.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Damn man, beautiful addition!

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
You did a great job with the design and they did a great job integrating the exterior to the original siding. I just think you could of did without the fiberglass tub/shower and instead do something a bit more custom such as a mortar bed shower and separate soaking tub.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I agree. If it wasn't my kids bathroom I probably would have. I am trying to save a little money here and there so I'm prepared when my wife picks her closet finishes. Although I was able to score some Victoria's Secret tile for the floor. It is $25/sq ft but looks amazing

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Yeah I agree. If it wasn't my kids bathroom I probably would have. I am trying to save a little money here and there so I'm prepared when my wife picks her closet finishes. Although I was able to score some Victoria's Secret tile for the floor. It is $25/sq ft but looks amazing

$25/sq WTFFFF

I can get 12 x 24 ceramic or porcelain from Italy for like as low as $5-6 a sq ft. Are those tiles made in Pandora / unobtanium?

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I guess I should clarify. I got the tile for free from a business partner. He said the tile is made exclusively for their stores and the "rights" to the tile are what makes it so expensive. Who knows could be blowing smoke up my ass

1 - 20 of 60 Posts