Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went on my first Solo Cross Country Flight in a Cessna 172 not too long ago and finally got some time to put a little video together for you guys to check out. Let me know what you guys think?

Happy Flying!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Congrats! The first solo cross country is a blast! On my first one, one of the ATC towers misheard me and thought I was a Cessna (I was flying a Schwiezer helicopter) and put me #1 in the pattern. I was hauling ass into the airport because I had a plane going about 30 knots faster than me turning final while I was still on my own final!!!!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I'll make more and post them here if you guys like this stuff.

@Kieran - lol weird don't know why they did that. During some touch and goes a couple flights back I was in the pattern and ATC routed another airplane about 100ft below and 50ft to the side going the opposite direction very close to pattern altitude which really caught me off guard to say the least.

@senseless1707 - Will do, thanks!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Love it! I remember I used to put my earbuds under my David Clarks when I was doing my cross country work...
Congrats, I know it feels good to be that much closer to your ticket.

Also, best remix of PVD I've heard... but you would expect that from Arty :p

·
Registered
332 Posts
Congratulations on being one step closer to the goal. Did the loose Dzus fastener annoy you as much as it did me watching? I'm glad I didn't have the technology to record my first solo cross country or any other piloting task or skill. Aviate-Navigate-Comminucate is all that I can handle in the cockpit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts