Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
L4P Street Team
11,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first watch which I have been able to engrave on. I must say it was a bit more of a challenge than my painted aluminum engraving pieces. There really isnt too much surface space on a watch casing to engrave so I decided to create a little Paisley design. Let me know what you guys/gals think. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Not bad for a first attempt, I'm sure you'll master this in no time. Keep it up!

·
10,594 Posts
Good first attempt. How about a stencil? something precut that you can lay over the watch case which holds secure allowing you to cut deeper into the metal while maintaining more uniformity? But ya I can tell its....Not Easy At All! Know you really got me wonderin how Magrette does it...hmmm..

·
L4P Street Team
11,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good first attempt. How about a stencil? something precut that you can lay over the watch case which holds secure allowing you to cut deeper into the metal while maintaining more uniformity? But ya I can tell its....Not Easy At All! Know you really got me wonderin how Magrette does it...hmmm..
Hey Sal, thanks for the kind words. I really didnt think my first engraved watch attempt would be all that fantastic but i gave it a good shot. :) How would I be able to have a stencil on the watch while i engrave it? Just curious.....Wouldnt the dremel totally destroy the stencil?

·
10,594 Posts
Hey Sal, thanks for the kind words. I really didnt think my first engraved watch attempt would be all that fantastic but i gave it a good shot. :) How would I be able to have a stencil on the watch while i engrave it? Just curious.....Wouldnt the dremel totally destroy the stencil?
I'm just thinking out loud. The stencil would have to be metal/alum allowing for multiple use, different stencils with diff ornate designs. again, i'm just thinking :bow1:

·
L4P Street Team
11,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm just thinking out loud. The stencil would have to be metal/alum allowing for multiple use, different stencils with diff ornate designs. again, i'm just thinking :bow1:
Hmmmmm.....Thanks for your thoughts Sal. :) That would have to be an insanely tiny yet detailed stencil. Ill have to look more into this. Thanks bro.

·
10,594 Posts
Ya or a bunch of little individual cut out stencils, a fish, a leaf, a flower etc. You wanna put a flower on this spot here you bust out your flower stencil and your dremel? Anyway man you're the artist and i'm just a critic :lol:

·
L4P Street Team
11,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ya or a bunch of little individual cut out stencils, a fish, a leaf, a flower etc. You wanna put a flower on this spot here you bust out your flower stencil and your dremel? Anyway man you're the artist and i'm just a critic :lol:
flower.......lol. Maybe i can make you a flower engraving piece then. haha. :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts