Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Its a 2009 696. Just taught myself how to ride in about 10 minutes. This thing is awesome!! Sounds good too. Well under 400 pounds which I like very much.

·
Sponsor
10,268 Posts
Congrats! Pro Italia is like a candy store.

Take some riding courses. You can learn a lot about accident avoidence maneuvers on a clossed course (parking lot), without getting run over in the process. Ride safe!

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
congrats man, be safe.

·
Registered
351 Posts
sweet bike! id definitely take up the motorcycle course offered by your local dmv

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Gear up, have fun, be safe!

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Jealous that that's your first bike. Before you get too far, go take a class. If you can afford a Ducati, you can afford to learn how to ride it. As someone who just started out, I can attest to the fact that building good habits from the start WILL save your ass at some point, and that's what the class will teach you to do.

Ride safe, and wear a lid!

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
i agree on the taking classes. I have always wanted a ducatti, but a vtwin is where my heart is.

nice bike too! Are you planning on any mods?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Just taught myself how to ride in about 10 minutes.
To clarify, you just taught yourself how to "operate" a motorcycle, not "ride".

As the others have said, get over to DMV and take the basic course. It will improve you ten-fold. An afternoon in your local empty parking lot doing slow speed drills will make 10x more comfy on it too.

Awesome new Duc, congrats!

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I rode an older 2002 or 2003 Monster once.... my blue jeans turned brown!!!
Be VERY careful with this thing - it can be it's namesake if you're not careful.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Nice bike... I've thought about picking up the little monster too.

not to sound like a broken record, but the MSF is a good idea, and it gives you a discount on your insurance.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you all for the compliments. I rode for about 2 hours today around LA and had a good time. Still very overwhelmed by the experience but I am looking forward to getting used to it. I will take the class as soon as possible!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts