Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first I have to say thank you to my brother-in-law Alex911s:bow1:. He inspired me to get into German cars, after I drove many of his cars I caught the bug, lol. Here is a little background on me, I was a hardcore Japanese car guy, I have had some great cars and some fast ones at that. I always prided myself in making a car fast and corner like its on rails. I did the whole street racing scene, ( milpitas ca.) I even got caught up and a car taken away. So I'm no noob when it comes to motors and how they work and what makes them fast! However when I drove his Porsche tt I was terrified at how fast this car hauls!!:bitenails: I then decided to put all my attention in getting my true dream car, 2007 Audi RS4, I didnt know how I would attain this, nor did I care. I was willing to trade my pride and joy at the time a 2007 WRX STi, which I modded. However all in all I drove my STi 300 miles to its final destination, and drove home in a 2007 Audi RS4, in Daytona Grey, it has H&R springs and full Milltek sport exhaust. This car is absolutly perfect inside and out, plus my monthly note didnt change much!! which keeps the wife happy. more mods are coming but much later, I will enjoy the look and speed it has now.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
Love it! Love it! Love it! :clap:

Welcome and nice car! you can never go wrong with an Audi :)

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
sick car, congrats! gotta love when a car like that has a nice 6speed MT :)

·
Registered
473 Posts
now you own my dream car. :)

congrats The STI is an awesome car. and so is the audi hah good choice.
Coming from a previous owner of a B6 S4. Keep it!

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
Congrats bro!! Love the RS4 , power and every detail is top notch.... enjoy it

that rs4 picture thread is a bad influence..haha!!

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Congrats! There is something about Germans cars regardless of the manufacturer. I believe it's mostly due to the engineering demands in the years where the autobahn was totally unlimited. Today, it's been restricted to just a few areas from what I'm told, where you can go as fast as your car will allow but the point is, knowing a car may end up on this roadway, forces the manufacturer to consider how a car will behave at triple digit speeds, as well as how well it can protect it's drivers/passengers should something go terribly wrong.

In effect, just my opinion, the German cars are over-engineered for North American use.
On the other side (of the Pacific), Japanese cars are engineered probably just right for the average American drivers and do put out some scorchers for the enthusiast as you are well aware. ;-) I have nothing against them (own a Honda and a Toyota) but me personally, I happen to love German cars (two GTI's, B5 Passat and now an A5) so I know how you feel.

Now get out and drive that sucker!

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Big congratulations! RS4 is one sexy car. Hope your transition from Japanese to German goes well and that you enjoy every minute of ownership!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congrats! There is something about Germans cars regardless of the manufacturer. I believe it's mostly due to the engineering demands in the years where the autobahn was totally unlimited. Today, it's been restricted to just a few areas from what I'm told, where you can go as fast as your car will allow but the point is, knowing a car may end up on this roadway, forces the manufacturer to consider how a car will behave at triple digit speeds, as well as how well it can protect it's drivers/passengers should something go terribly wrong.

In effect, just my opinion, the German cars are over-engineered for North American use.
On the other side (of the Pacific), Japanese cars are engineered probably just right for the average American drivers and do put out some scorchers for the enthusiast as you are well aware. ;-) I have nothing against them (own a Honda and a Toyota) but me personally, I happen to love German cars (two GTI's, B5 Passat and now an A5) so I know how you feel.

Now get out and drive that sucker!
very well said!! the differences between the two are so major, I think Japanese cars lack comfort unless ur in a Lexus or something like that. I thought my STi could not be beat, far as price and speed and comfort then Alex woke me up when he handed me his keys to the Porshe tt, lol

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
A Porsche 911 turbo (or twin turbo), like your RS4, is probably my goal for a German car. While M5's would certainly be great to own (or even M3), I've always like two seater specific cars; as you can see in my avatar, the FFR MkIII roadster was my desire for years and finally became my reality in 2006. The A5 is really a 2+2 car; only my kids can really sit back there "comfortably" although I've driven 3 adults in the car.... ONCE. They hate it back there. If I don't get a P-car, my alternate would be an Audi R8. But this is much further down the road (like 8 years.)

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
from one fantastic car to the next, congrats man, strength to strength

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
RS4's are sick, sheck out this tubi:

(he wasn't Revving HARD but you get the idea)

haha MTK mine sounds like that , but maybe a bit louder, maybe i'll get to let you guys hear it on the next meet up, or I'll get Alex to record the v8 rumble!!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts