Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Stopped by my local Porsche dealer just to say hello and wound up driving home in a new 2014 911 Carrera. Traded my 2011 Boxster Spyder. Sorry to see he go but once I test drove the Carrera and saw the 20" Turbo wheels and glass sunroof the deal was sealed. Could not be happier with my new ride.

·
Registered
478 Posts
seems like you really liked the boxter from your post but MAJOR upgrade.. love the combo. congrats!

·
Registered
193 Posts
More pics!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
seems like you really liked the boxter from your post but MAJOR upgrade.. love the combo. congrats!
I did loved the Spyder but the 911 is a totally different ride. Wife did not like the Sport Bucket Seats in the Spyder. Very difficult to get in an out and no adjustments except front and back. The Spyder has a much stiffer suspensions and rides somewhat hard but is a hoot to drive. Wife loves the 911 so I guess I made the right decision.

Reactions: pip

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will definitely post more pictures including the interior. Off to Caffeine and Exotics this morning. Will take more pictures later today.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
You definitely made the right choice!

Congratulations, she's a beauty!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Stopped by my local Porsche dealer just to say hello and...
Stop lying to yourself. :lol:

As a Corvette guy, I am genetically wired to dislike Porsches. That said.....

I've been breaking the commandment and coveting thy neighbor. The 997 GT3 caught my attention pretty hard, and since he 991 has hit the market, I've really begun to lust after them. I can't say it's rooted well enough to pull me away from a '15 Z06 or fifth gen Viper just yet.... but I've also not driven one. I worry that would be the final straw.

Great looking car you bought, post another pic or three! Would love to see the interior.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Congratulations on your new purchase.

·
Registered
739 Posts
And a badass 911 at that! Congrats! Happy wife happy life! haha

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Stop lying to yourself. :lol:

As a Corvette guy, I am genetically wired to dislike Porsches. That said.....

I've been breaking the commandment and coveting thy neighbor. The 997 GT3 caught my attention pretty hard, and since he 991 has hit the market, I've really begun to lust after them. I can't say it's rooted well enough to pull me away from a '15 Z06 or fifth gen Viper just yet.... but I've also not driven one. I worry that would be the final straw.

Great looking car you bought, post another pic or three! Would love to see the interior.
Time for you to TT the 'Vette and steal some Carrera GT lunch money.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts