Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been roaming L4P for a few weeks now, figured I'd throw up a couple pics of my beast.

2001 E39 M5, Jet Black/Silverstone with some cosmetics and a muffler delete....so far.

Truly the apple of my eye. A few shots during and after a wax at North West Auto Salon here in Seattle...hands down the best detailers on the West coast.

Sorry for the small photos, wouldn't let me attach the high res images?

Attachments

·
Registered
934 Posts
great looking car

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whats the average mileage they can reach without changing too much?

I think the E60 M5 reaches to about 100,000 km
Changing? I assume you're referring to any major maintenance issues. It really depends...anywhere from 80-100k. I am very good about preventative maintenance and have owned the car since new so in my case I don't worry about much. I can't say the same for others. I've definitely heard some horror stories....

·
Registered
249 Posts
Beautiful E39

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
FML what is with all the gorgeous M5's coming through of late.

Love the car man. So sick.

Black rims? DRTHVDR?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Beautiful E39
FML what is with all the gorgeous M5's coming through of late.

Love the car man. So sick.

Black rims? DRTHVDR?
Eventually DRTHVDR. However, rims are close to the bottom of my mod list as I love the OEM rims and am happy with them for now.

Bilstein Pss9 coilovers should be going on in the next month or two, followed by stoptech BBK and powerchip software.

By then I should be due for a new set of tires and plan on swapping rims when the time comes.

beautiful m5! great job!

And thanks everyone for the compliments! Since I can't figure out how to upload highres images here yet, I'll post a link to my photo thread over at M5board.com. About 4 pages of shots I took myself. Below are also a couple videos to give an idea of how she sounds w/o mufflers.

Photos:
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e39-m5-e52-z8-discussion/166064-jcm5-photoshoot.html

Videos:
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e39-m5-e52-z8-discussion/167385-couple-videos.html

·
14,490 Posts
Any sounds clips of the exhaust?

·
14,490 Posts
I copied a link in my previous post with some videos over at M5board.com

For some reason when I use the YouTube embed function here it doesn't work?
oh my bad. Missed it. sounds good!. Love the E39 M5:). One of my fav cars.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Only put in the url after the v= sign. Then it'll work.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I'm also a big fan of the rims. Wonder what they'd look like powdercoated satin black?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts