Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys i just wanted to share with you all a cool story of how i upgraded my daily driver car. It may not be as good as others but it is what it is :D!
Anyways in April I bought a 1984 Porsche 944 for $1k.

Spend about another thousand to fix it up and make it run. The paint was faded, bad interior and engine problems. About three months later with help of craigslist i traded it for a '92 Civic (no cash added).

Drove this to work and back for about a month or so and ended up doing a straight trade for a 2001 Accord v6 fully loaded. (the guy wanted a manual :eek:hwell:)

Not a week goes by and I get an offer of $3800 for it as is. So i end up selling it and start a hunt for another car on CL. :bitenails: Since the winter season is coming up and starts to snow here in northwest i wanted something AWD just in case it snows in Portland (rarely happens). I found a '00 Subaru Impreza RS in Phoenix which in the end cost me $4200 (investment intended!) I got it on Sept. 8th and drove back to PDX and posted it on craigslist:)

Last Sunday evening I trade my Subi for a '00 Lexus LS400! I will post some shots as soon as i get it cleaned up.
I was stunned out of my mind on how it happened! :confused: All cars werent registered (skipped fee) because I had no intention on keeping them, just upgrade and bring the value up of current ride. So there it is, went from $2K POS (no offence) to a $8500 Lexus in about half a year with little or no money added. I wonder whats gonna be next?:laugh:

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Hmmmm. I am sure some might disagree... But I would have kept the subbie. Then again i love awd, and that 2.5t

·
Registered
248 Posts
Thanks for sharing your amazing story. It seems like you have a magic touch, the sky is the limit for you! Keep pushing I want to follow your story as you keep "trading up".

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Subie was just 2.5 non-turbo... if it was i would have kept it :D

·
Registered
6,214 Posts
cool story! thanks for sharing!

looking at that Suby makes me miss mine. Same color :D i posted a build about mine awhile ago on here.

·
Banned
245 Posts
maybe in 50 years you'll get a Veyron!!! I kidd I kidd, nice jump from rags to riches. MOAAAR!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thang for the encouragement guys! Its gonna be harder shuffling more expensive cars around to go up the ladder... Can't wait to detail it on Saturday and post some pictures!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Nice work! Horse trading is always fun if you do it right. I will caution you on mentioning the title part. Its called curb stoning if im not mistaken and its kinda illegal. Do what you do, just avoid sharing that part. Not hating at all, just don't want you to get into trouble :)

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
A Porsche for 1K? that sounds like a steal to me, no matter what condition it's in.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
here are some pictures of the current "horse" :). I'm thinking to either go for Honda S2000 or E36 M3...:confused: what do you guys think?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Looks nice!!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Nice work! Horse trading is always fun if you do it right. I will caution you on mentioning the title part. Its called curb stoning if im not mistaken and its kinda illegal. Do what you do, just avoid sharing that part. Not hating at all, just don't want you to get into trouble :)
I agree, he should remove the part about not registering. This is illegal and there are definitely fines associated with dodging taxes.

There is no relation to what he is doing and curb stoning. Curb stoning is when someone sells a vehicle that has had the odometer rolled back or has a branded title and tries to pass it off as a clean history car.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanx for the concern guys but apparently in state of Oregon its completely legal. I even went to DMV and they said that it's ok to do that even though I'm not a dealer... Otherwise I wouldnt post this!

1 - 20 of 85 Posts