Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's like comparing apples to bananas, but so what. What would you pick and why?

He has 40k to spend

I am biased towards coupes so I told him to get the bimmer

·
Registered
5,540 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
if the RR doesn't have warranty then stay away, but even if it does i would still get the 650i its a sick ride a real head turner, my buddy has one and i love borrowing it :D

·
Registered
693 Posts
The 650i is bulky and slow (and not that attractive), so your friend might as well get something practical. I've got an M3 and a 2008 RRS SC (and a 2011 RRS SC on order), so it's not like I'm biased against BMW. As for reliability, my Range has had no more problems than the M3 (maybe even fewer).

·
Registered
113 Posts
haha.. I actually contemplated the 6 series.. M6 actually. I love my range rover sport S/C.. couldn't be happier. The ultimate Urban Assault Vehicle. I've exited my warranty now and have NO worries. No problems during warranty nor after. You search the web and of course your going to find problems on the RRS.. its the web. Its our 'free' psychologist. Easier to talk about problems than positive things.

So yeah.. depends on his needs. I couldn't be happier. Not a nicer SUV out there. Again.., I have a dog so my choice was easy. He just kicks it back there and has plenty of room.
-Bojan

·
Registered
114 Posts
funny. my dad actually just bought a 645 for his wife and a Range (not supercharged) for himself. i drove both and enjoyed them both. probably the range a little bit more. the 645 just felt like a boat. but then again i'm used to driving my clk 430 :eek:hwell:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got the S/C Range Rover couldn't be happier small air suspension issue at 1,000 k's 4 years old now not touched!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
917 Posts
RRS - I have one and love it, have had zero issues. Coming up on 60k miles.

650i seems played out to me. If you increased your budget to $50k and said used M5 or RRS, that would be a tougher decision.

·
Registered
816 Posts
from a guy who had a RR Supercharged and now has a 6 series. Stay so far away from the Rover that you can't even see it with binoculars, unless you wanna fix shit constantly.

·
Registered
401 Posts
650 all day. I've had mine for almost 2 years. Such a great car and it rides awesome. I suggest some KW v3 coilovers and keep most of it stock. I have only had regular maintenance on mine so far. I did just replace the tires with some Nitto INVOs and wow they are such an improvement over the stock runflats in noise and ride quality.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
there's a new 6 coming out so the current 6 will be outdated in no time whereas RRs have a timeless design. IMO.

Never owned one so I have no clue about reliability issues but there are lotsa people who claim they have issue free Rovers.

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
^ a lot of people claim a lot of stuff.....its a fact they have issues!

·
Registered
349 Posts
RR is unreliable.. my sister had that, she always calls me, and say she brought the car to the dealer.. lol! if they are reliable, i would pic the RR, but since it's not, 650i i guess..

6ser back seats are sooooo uncomfy.. it's like, not for humans to sit.. lol!

·
Registered
621 Posts
Neither... tell him to look further. I'd say go with a used camaro ss and throw some mods on there

1 - 18 of 18 Posts